The 2017 Animal Law & Enforcement / Animal Shelter Symposium will be held March 14th at the State Bar of Georgia Conference Center. This unique symposium is for anyone involved with animals by profession or interest. Education on Animal Law (Enforcement & Prosecution), Animal Sheltering, Rescue and Animal Care/Medicine will be presented along with best practices for handling all types of cases. Several tracks will be offered to fit your profession or interest. The importance of collaborating and networking for successful results is the goal.
The conference will run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be served.
Who Should Attend?
- Prosecutors and Victim Advocates
- Judges/Law Clerks
- Law Enforcement Officers and K9 Officers
- Animal Control Officers
- Department of Agriculture Inspectors
- Veterinarians/Vet Techs
- Civil Attorneys
- Experts in Animal Law
- Shelter Directors and Staff
- Adoption Personnel
- Dog Trainers and Behaviorists
- Rescues and Fosters
- Members of the public interested in learning more about animal law and sheltering
Conference Will Feature
- Continuing Education Credits
- Informative workshops for members of the legal, enforcement & nonprofit shelter operations
- Georgia specific training
- Industry practice standards
- Informative seminar presentations
- Keynote speakers
- Networking opportunities
We have a small block of discounted rooms at the following hotel, which is walking distance to the conference:
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites
111 Cone Street N.W., Atlanta, GA 30303
To make a reservation:
1. Call - 1-800-HOLIDAY, request this hotel first, and then give code: ALS to get the special rate
2. Visit www.holidayinn.com, request this hotel first and then put ALS in the box marked Group Code to get the special rate
3. Call the hotel directly at 404-524-7000 and request code ALS to get the special rate
Each person will make their own reservations, pay their own charges and there is a 72 hour notice of cancellation on these rooms and valet parking is $25.00 per car, per day.
Parking at the Conference Center is $5 per day if you arrive before 9:00 am and $10 per day if you arrive after 9:00 am. If you are able to utilize MARTA or other options, we strongly suggest you do so. The Bar Center is conveniently located between the CNN Center station and the Five Points station.
Contact us at email@example.com