Actions and Detail Panel
2017 AILA Global Immigration in a Protectionist World - Are We Singing the...
Tue, Jun 20, 2017, 2:00 PM – Wed, Jun 21, 2017, 10:00 PM CDT
AILA's Global Migration Section is a community of AILA members and International Associates who are interested in furthering the practice of global migration. Each year the Section organizes a forum for learning that offers networking opportunities for international and U.S. immigration lawyers. The 2017 AILA Global Immigration Forum will provide the latest information on global immigration laws and policies in a protectionist world.
Panels will focus on current corporate immigration challenges around the globe including:
- The Ebbs and Flows of Starting and Running a Global Practice
- Hot Topics in Global Migration
- Consular Processing and Corporate Immigration - A Global Perspective
- How will Brexit and the Revised EU Immigration Directives Affect Mobility and Migration of Third-Country Nationals in the Region?
- "Top 10" Ethical Dilemmans in Global Mobility
- Lunch with the Experts
- Countdown to Departure - Getting There the Right Way Made Easy
- Compliance over the Course of the Assignment - Common and Not-So-Common Employment, Tax, and "Company Change" Issues
- Extending the Global Assignment and/or Bringing it to a Satisfactory Conclusion
- BRICS: What Kind of music is being played Jazz or Blues?
- Cyber Security - Big, Middle, and Little Data
- Global Mobility Options for LGBT Clients Seeking Safety and Security in a Diverse World
- A Global Perspective - The Future of Immigration Law
The 2017 AILA Global Immigration Forum will commence with an evening of networking and dinner on Tuesday, June 20, 2017. Please note that there will be a limited number of tickets for this event. Travel arrangements must be made by attendees. CLE will be available in a select number of U.S. states.
A registration cancellation received on or before May 1, 2017, entitles the registrant to a refund of the registration fee less an administrative charge of $100.00. Cancellations received after May 1, 2017 and on or before June 7, 2017, are subject to an administrative charge of $125.00. No cancellation requests will be accepted after June 7, 2017, but the conference materials will be made available to all registrants. All cancellation request must be in writing or email via Eventbrite.
The Conference Committee has secured a limited amount of rooms at exceptional rates for our attendees. Attendees must call the Windsor Court Hotel to make reservations. Reservations can be made via telephone and their number is (504) 523-6000 or 800-262-2662, please indicate the group code AILA GMS.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at AILA's Global Immigration Forums constitute an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events by AILA's Global Migration Section.