The Bay Area's best run and most enjoyable contest of strength has returned. Starting Strength Coaches across the US will hold a combined strength meet on the same weekend in October. Oakland is again a part of it. Not only will you get to compete against the lifters that attend your local meet, but your results will be compared with the competitors from all the other locations. The competitions will be held in the following locations:
- Chicago, IL – Bucktown CrossFit
- Gardiner, NY – Gardiner Athletics
- Gig Harbor, WA – Gig Harbor Strength & Fitness
- Greensburg, PA – Virtus Institute
- Hampton, VA – Coliseum S&C
- Long Island City, NY – CrossFit Gantry
- Tempe, AZ – Revolution Training Systems
- Westmister, MD – Westminster S&C
- Wichita Falls, TX – Wichita Falls Athletic Club
- Cape Carteret, NC – Crystal Coast Strength and Conditioning
The contested lifts will be the squat, press, and deadlift. You can also register as part of a team. To do so, please indicate your team in the Company/Organization field. We will also have a Masters (40+ years old) division.
Best male and female lifters from the combined meet for both the Open and Masters divisions will be awarded a free slot to a Starting Strength Seminar of their choice, a $945 value. The best team wins a Rogue B&R Barbell, a $295 value.
Previous competitions have been enjoyable and efficient affairs and I am looking forward to this one running just as well. Your meet entry fee includes an impecably designed, high-quality t-shirt that will in all likelyhood feature a dinosaur on it. Overall winners of the Oakland meet, calculated via the Wilks formula, will take home what has become the most coveted prize in all of strength sports—a stuffed Tyranosarus Rex.