2016 South Dakota Local Foods Conference, November 3 - 5
Full Conference Schedule: http://www.sdspecialtyproducers.org/blog/32377
On-line registration only.
This is the first year pre-conference sessions will be offered. Registration for these sessions is separate from the registration for the conference itself. These sessions offer in-depth training in a variety of areas.
Thursday, November 3rd - Pre-Conference:
Registration for the Pre-Conference Sessions (November 3rd) is also available. Sessions available include:
- Permaculture Design and Perennial Crop System Design with Dan Halsey(8:30 - 4:30) - $75
- Native American Indigenous Cooking Techniques with Sioux Chef Sean Sherman(4:00 - 7:00) - $85
- Writing Your 2017 Grant(8:30 - 4:30) - $45
- Hops Production 101(8:30 - 4:30) - $35
- Social Media and Marketing Workshop(8:30 - 4:30) - $45 Each session is priced according to Instructor fees, and room rental fees. Lunch is included in the registration. These sessions will be held on the Campus of Mitchell Technical Institute. Additional details will be provided to you after registration.
Friday & Saturday, November 4 - 5: 2016 South Dakota Local Foods Conference
Register for the SD Local Foods Conference, November 4 - 5. You may register for the entire two days or one day only (Friday or Saturday). The fee includes lunch.
30 SDLFC participants may also register to work with Chef Josh Kranz from Mitchell Culinary Academy. This session is all day Saturday. There is no separate cost for this session but you must be registered for the conference on Saturday in order to participate. Questions? Contact mailto:email@example.com
Friday Evening Social/Networking Event:
Please note. A Social/Networking event is planned for Friday evening of the conference. The event will be held at the Campus Center on the campus of Mitchell Technical Institute at 6:30 P.M. Students from Mitchell Culinary Academy will participate in a competition to create desserts using local produce. Several South Dakota chefs will judge the competition. Participants in the Social will be able to sample the desserts. Local breweries and wineries will also provide samples for guests. Please plan to attend.