DAY 1: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM | DAY 2: 8:00 AM-12:30 PM
Required Textbook: AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual
ACLS Class: The purpose of the Advanced Cardiac Life Support course is for health professionals to acquire the knowledge and skills to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of a witnessed adult cardiac arrest. The instructors will use a case-based approach to allow the participant to demonstrate cognitive knowledge and skills.
Prior to course attendance the student should:
- Be able to perform high quality CPR according to 2010 guidelines.
- Review core cases in the ACLS Provider Manual.
- Understand ACLS algorithms for the Core Cases in the ACLS
- Complete the ACLS Self-Assessment Test and bring score to class.
- Rhythm interpretation and medication review are covered in the pre-course work ONLY. This course assumes a working knowledge of these topics.
Continuing Nursing Education: ACLS qualifies for nursing credit in the state of Nebraska. Each hour of theory and/or laboratory practicum will be accepted as one classroom hour of continuing education.
Respiratory Therapy: One credit will be awarded for each hour of attendance. Credit will not be awarded for breaks, lunch, or dinner.
American Heart Association: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in ACLS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course does not represent income to the Association.
Handicapped Accessible: Our facilities are handicapped accessible. Please note when registering if any additional provisions are needed.
For inquiries, special assistance call 308-398-5342