Join the DynoChem training team for two days of hands-on training, using the DynoChem software to accelerate process development and scale-up projects.
Training will address DynoChem applications for engineers and scientists involved in process development, tech transfer, troubleshooting and optimization of reaction, workup and isolation steps.
The agenda will cover topics such as:
- Obtaining physical property values for solvents and mixtures
- Phase equilibrium calculations for boiling point, identifying azeotropes and miscibility
- Reactor calculations for heat transfer and mixing
- Optimizing batch distillation / solvent switch operations
- Scale-up of filtration and centrifugation steps
- Basics of DynoChem modelling applicable to reactions, crystallization and other operations
Training times will be from 9:00 to 4:30 each day, with 6 hours of tuition.
You will need a laptop computer with DynoChem installed and a wireless network capability. We will provide a temporary license of DynoChem for the duration of the training and the following week. Alternatively, computers with DynoChem installed may be provided for your convenience. Let us know if you will need one and we will confirm the additional cost.
The registration fee includes attendance for both days of training, all training materials, continental breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch on both days. Hotel accommodation is not included. Attendees, please arrange your own guest room accommodations if needed.
Discounts available for companies sending more than one person. Contact email@example.com for "promotional code" before registering.
By the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Estimate mixing and heat transfer performance, compare vessels and ensure minimum agitation criteria are met in lab and plant vessels
- Calculate vapor-liquid equilibrium behavior including boiling points, azeotropes and miscibility
- Look up physical properties for pure components and mixtures
- Draw and understand process schemes and use them to help think about how to model or design experiments to understand a new or existing process
- Use plant data to back out equipment characteristics, especially heat transfer
- Model chemical reactions, including kinetics, temperature-dependence, reaction orders
- Fit chemical kinetics to typical lab data
- Optimize reactions for yield and impurity levels
- Simulate solid-liquid separation operations based on standard lab experiments
- Simulate solvent swap / chasing operations to optimize solvent volumes and cycle time
- Generate response surfaces and design spaces for QbD submissions; study process robustness
- Expand models to include multi-phase behavior, scale-up and interpretation of analytical data
- Understand how DynoChem works internally and how it builds the model from user input
- Apply skills gained from training to tackle other unit operations or create new templates
- Interact with the DynoChem Support team when tackling new projects
Refund / cancellation policy:
1. Substitutions can be made at any time before the training.
2. For cancellations made in writing up to one week before the training, a full refund will be made, less a financial charge of $100.
3. No refunds can be given for cancellations less than one week before the event.
4. Registration is open to DynoChem customers and prospective customers from industry, academia and government.