2016 Prescription Drugs and Heroin Summit: The Next Steps
Friday, October 14, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*Registration will begin at 8:00 am, with the Summit beginning promptly at 9:00 am. A breakfast snack will be provided, as well as a boxed lunch.
This Regional Prescription Drug and Heroin Summit will feature select Speakers and Presenters from across West Michigan, the State, and our Nation, and the day will focus on the Next Steps we all can take to help address and confront the current opiate and opioid epidemic.
Scheduled to speak are:
- Lt. Governor Brian Calley, Michigan
- ASAC Bruce McColley, Drug Enforcement Agency, Michigan
- Stephen Baker, US Attorney's Office, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Director Shelly Edgerton, Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Jim Middleton, BS, MCTE, Pharmacy Director, Western Michigan University
- Mark A. Weiner, MD, Addiction Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Bruce C. Springer, MD, Pine Rest, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- D/Sft/TFO Jason Kern, Albion DPS and IRS CI
- Joyce DeJong, DO, Chief Medical Examiner, or Designee, The Medical Examiner's Office, WMU
- Abraham Azzam and Craig Summers, HIDTA
Several keynote speakers will be featured, along with "Sector-Specific" Breakout Sessions and Panel Discussions focusing on "Next Steps" and forward directions to help us all as we consider new approaches to handle the complications and impacts of opiate and opioid addiction, treatment, and prevention in our communities.
A full array of CEUs and CEs are available, including: MCBAP, MCOLES, SW CEUs, SCECH, Pharmacy CEUs and CMEs for Medical Professionals.
Interested in staying at FireKeepers Hotel? A special block of rooms has been reserved for conference attendees with a special rate of $129 per night. All guests will be able to make reservations directly (1.877.352.8777) with FireKeepers on an individual basis, and should identify themselves as members of this group. If making reservations online, www.firekeeperscasino.com, please use this group code: 101416MISP
When & Where
Allegan County, Barry County, Calhoun County, MSP and MSP/SWET
Together, the Allegan Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition, the Barry County Substance Abuse Task Force, and the Substance Abuse Council of Battle Creek, in partnership with the Michigan State Police and the MSP Southwest Enforcement Team (SWET), are working across three West Michigan counties to address the opiate, opioid, and heroin crisis in our communities. With prevention in mind, we are seeking the "Next Steps" and directions for tackling these tough issues and creating Drug Free Communities.