The Cycle of Disease: Protecting our Workforce and Patients from Emerging Infectious Diseases.
This one-day conference, which precedes the League’s annual Community Health Institute conference, will focus on the realities of primary care and proper infection control for stopping the spread – and fear – of emerging infectious diseases. Topics throughout the day will include epidemiology and disease surveillance, lessons learned from the recent global threat of Ebola, and an interactive session on personal protective equipment.
Who Should Attend: Community Health Centers; Ambulatory Care Practices; Clinical staff; Non-Clinical staff
- Dr. Rick Sacra, Faculty Physician at Family Health Center of Worcester and Missionary Physician at SIM-USA ELWA Hospital in Monrovia, Liberia
- Dr. Larry Madoff, Director of the Division of Epidemiology and Immunization at Massachusetts Department of Public Health in the Bureau of Infectious Disease and Laboratory Science; and, Editor of ProMED-mail
- Lt. Brian Pomodoro, Senior Program Manager for Disaster Response Training at the DelValle Institute for Emergency Preparedness and Boston Emergency Medical Services
- Bernadette Thomas, Chief Operating Officer at Lynn Community Health Center
- Sarah Darcy, Media Relations Manager at South Shore Hospital
If you would like to register to attend the Community Health Institute conference and would like more information, please CLICK HERE.
Sponsored by the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers through funding provided by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.