San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NBMA 2016 Summit Achievement Awards Ceremony and Games Night
Join us for a fun-filled evening to recognize our members, who have achieved various running goals such as running over 25 half-marathons in the US and marathons on all seven continents and much more.
The Inaugural Achievement's Awards Ceremony will include the following
- Awards for NBMA members for the 2016 season
- Trivia contest, which winner(s) could receive two comp entries to our 2017 Summit Hall of Fame Banquet and race entries
- Giveaways from sponsors and door prizes
- Expert panel to answer your questions about all things running from the beginner runner to the traveling expert
When: Saturday, October 15
Time: 5:30PM to 7:30PM
Place: Studio Movie Grill is located 2 blocks from the race expo (Greater Columbus Convention Center.)
Attire: Casual or Wear your running club’s shirt or your favorite race t-shirt
Food: This year we will have a full Italian buffet, which will include
- Appetizer: Bruschetta
- Dinner Dinner Salad, Breaded Chicken Parmesan, Cavatappi Pasta tossed with Ground Vine-Ripened Marinara sauce and Basil Pesto Cream (Veg)
- Dessert: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Double Chocolate Brownies
- Beverage: Fresh Brewed Coffee, Water, Iced Tea and Assorted Soft Drinks
Tickets are non-refundable.
When & Where
The NBMA is the largest and oldest, national, not-for-profit organization that supports Black American distance runners. The organization has awarded more than $20,000 in scholarships to college and high school students. While there’s no annual membership fee to join, we ask that our members make a donation to the scholarship fund.