2016 MR Christmas Party, Friday 6pm, 02/12/16, Thistle Hotel, EC1V 8DS
Invitation to the 2016 MR Christmas Party, Friday 6pm, 02/12/16, Thistle Hotel, EC1V 8DS
I am writing to invite all current and former MR staff to the upcoming 2016 MR Christmas Party.
The details are:
When: Friday 6pm, 02/12/16
Where: Thistle Hotel, Central Street, EC1V 8DS
Menu: See below.
Places available: 75 (on a first come, first serve basis). RSVP by email to Natalie Turner please.
RSVP and payment deadline: Friday 18/11/16, To Natalie Turner please.
Dress code: Smart Casual
The Consultants have very kindly and generously agreed to subsidise the party by donating £100 each. If 30 Consultants can do so, the MR party Christmas party will be FREE to all attendees. If this is not possible, tickets will be £15 each. Further details will come later. Any extra money will be put behind the bar to pay for drinks.
Consultants: Thank you to those of you who have offered your support. For payment, I suggest:
- Please pay £100 to Natalie Turner. This is the preferred option as it will save you money.
- Or you can pay via Eventbrite. Details below. I would not recommend this as Eventbrite will add a transaction fee, thus you will end up paying more than £100.
- Please add your name and choice of starter, main course & desert to the attached .xls file. Email it to Natalie Turner please.
- If you want this MR party to succeed, please ask your Consultant to donate £100 to the MR Christmas party. Thanks.
- Thistle hotel have very kindly given us a FREE DJ. As part of the agreement (namely that we do not have enough attendees to book the whole place out, that would require 150 people), there will be a company Christmas party next door to us. It will probably be a bank. Thus please understanding if there are banking staff on the dance floor with us. Thank you.
- Some people have pointed out that the food was cold last time at the 23/09/16 MR party. I accept your comments. I will liaise with Thistle and see what I can do.
- Some people have asked if we could have gone to a different venue. For our limited budget, Thistle are offering us the most competitive package. That is why we’re going to Thistle.
- If you have any questions, please liaise with Natalie Turner or Natalie Insley or me. I’m on annual leave and are away from MEH, thus may be more difficult to get hold of. Thanks!
1. Jerusalem artichoke and chestnut soup (v)
Warm bread rolls and butter
2. Chicken and wild mushroom terrine
Toasted foccacia, red onion chutney, mixed leaves
3. Roast Local Reared Turkey
All traditional accompaniments
Stuffing, Chipolata and Bacon,
Seasonal Vegetables, Turkey Gravy
4. Roast fillet of Salmon
Tarragon and lime cream, winter vegetables
5. Vegetable Wellington
Spiced fruit chutney
6. Traditional Christmas pudding
Rich brandy Sauce
7. Chocolate and mint marquis
Followed by tea, coffee and mince pies
Hope to see you at the 2016 MR Christmas party!