Actions and Detail Panel
2016 MN Cup Final Awards Reception
Thu, September 22, 2016, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDT
Join us to celebrate hundreds of Minnesota entrepreneurs who participated in a transformational journey that started in March including over 1500 entrepreneurs, three rounds of judging, numerous events and thousands of volunteer hours. The last 6 months have been an exciting ride and with great enthusiasm, we’re ready to recognize Minnesota's outstanding entrepreneurs.
New to this year's MN Cup Grand Prize Ceremony is Demo Hour - a showcase of the 2016 MN Cup Finalists, 26 startups across 8 Divisions.
Emcee: Angie Bastian, Founder of Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP
4:00 p.m. Demo Hour featuring 2016 MN Cup Finalists
5:00 p.m. Program begins
5:15 p.m. Update from 2015 MN Cup Winner: Astropad
5:30 p.m. Mentors of the Year
5:45 p.m. Division Runners-Up pitches
6:00 p.m. Dedicated prize presentations:
- Carlson Family Foundation will award $25,000 for the top woman-led business
- Meda will award $10,000 to the minority entrepreneur with the most innovative business concept
- Capella will award $10,000 to the most innovative education technology that promotes learning solutions or builds 21st century skills
- Securian Financial Group will award $10,000 for an innovation that shapes the future of financial services or life insurance through technology
- AARP will award a $5,000 prize for an innovation that improves the lives of low-income seniors
6:35 p.m. Division Winner pitches
6;50 p.m. Grand Prize Winner announced
7:00 p.m. Event concludes
- Activated Research Company, Energy/Clean Tech/Water, seven county metro region
- SelfEco Garden, Food/Ag/Beverage, seven county metro region
- Berd Spokes, General, seven county metro region
- Vugo, High Tech, seven county metro region
- StemoniX, Life Science/Health IT, seven county metro region, minority-led
- Asiya, Social Entrepreneurship, seven county metro region, woman-led, minority-led
- Minnealloy Magnetics, Student, seven county metro region, minority-led
- ExpressionMed, Youth, seven county metro region, woman-led
- Verterra Energy, Inc., Energy/Clean Tech/Water, seven county metro region
- Bolton Bees, Food/Ag/Beverage, seven county metro region, woman-led
- Key Log Rolling, General, seven county metro region, woman-led
- Sezzle, High Tech, seven county metro region, minority-led
- Zift Medical, Life Science/Healh IT, seven county metro region
- Mind Shift, Social Entrepreneurship, seven county metro region
- Nesel Packs, Student, seven county metro region, woman-led
- Da Bomb Bath Fizzers, Youth, seven county metro region, woman-led
The program will include presentations from the 2016 MN Cup division winners and runners-up as well as the announcement of the 2016 MN Cup Grand Prize winner.
This annual event is for the community and we encourage you to invite and share this opportunity with others.
In attendance will be 2016 semifinalists, MN Cup review board members, mentors, sponsors, supporters and other members of the Minnesota entrepreneurial ecosystem and media.
Immediately following MN Cup Final Awards Event, join us to celebrate Minnesota's growing tech community by wathcing the film premiere of DocuMNtary - The Story of Tech in Minnesota.
Learn more about our history in tech, the momentum and entrepreneurship today, the growing ecosystem, our incredible people and ways to engage in our community.
Network with some of the hottest tech companies in town.
Celebrate the rich tech community that we have today.
Advocate Minnesota as a place to build a tech career and help others learn our story.
Hear from the producer, Nick Roseth along with guest speakers. Enjoy food trucks, local beer, and drinks as you network.