Maryland-DC Campus Compact's 2016 Presidents' Institute
Exploring the Intersection of College, Career, and
Civic Readiness to Strengthen Communities
Marlyand-DC Campus Compact (MDCCC) is a network of 37 public, private, 2- and 4- year colleges and universities in the Maryland and Washington, D.C. region, mobilizing the collective commitment and capacity of higher education to actively advance our communities through civic and community engagement.
The annual MDCCC Presidents’ Institute serves as a platform for the collaborative efforts of presidential leadership, K-12, and community partners to address issues critical to the region.
This year, the Presidents’ Institute will explore the intersection of college, career, and civic readiness to strengthen communities by convening the region’s presidents, superintendents, and other leaders in a conversation about the structural/systemic issues impacting education in our region, and how civic and community engagement could enhance college, career, and civic readiness for K-12 and higher education students.
Highlights of the MDCCC 2016 Presidents’ Institute
- Leadership: Presidents and Superintendents discuss cultivating and supporting engaged civic and community partnerships
- Collaboration: Dynamic and diverse panel sessions and plenary addresses weave together community engagement and education
- CONNECTS: K-12 and higher education partners explore college, career, and civic readiness
- Renewal: Attendees participate in enriching discussions about the collective impact of MDCCC
- Recognition: MDCCC’s Region-wide Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Awards
- Networking: Leaders across all segments of K-12, higher education, and the community engage
Visit mdccc.org/pi for more information.
Agenda & Panel Sessions
8:30am – 9:30am: Registration and Refreshments
8:30am—9:30am: Presidents’ Breakfast
9:30am– 10:30am: Opening Plenary with Keynote Speaker Sarah Hemminger
10:40am – 11:40am: Panel Session One
Morning Panels Include:
- MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA: Community Service Partnerships
- Engaging Businesses to Build Community (and Communities)
- Creating a BOLD Campus Civic Action Plan
- P20 Partnerships to Advance College, Career, and Civic Readiness
- Service-learning and Civic Engagement in Your Schools
11:40am – 1:00pm: Lunch and Awards Program
1:15pm – 2:15pm: Presidents’ Council Meeting
1:15pm – 2:15pm: Panel Session Two
Afternoon Panels Include:
- Strengthening Communities through Partnerships
- Funding Collective Impact
- Student Voices: A Commitment to Change
- Scholarship of Engagement
- Institutional Research: Using Data to Improve Impact
2:20pm-2:30pm: Closing Remarks
Panel descriptions are available at mdccc.org/pi.
Lodging & Transportation
Hotel: The Presidents' Institute will be held at the Georgetown University Hotel & Conference Center. Even though our room block is currently full, you can still make reservations at the hotel by clicking here.
Parking Information: Parking is available on campus in the Leavey Center garage, which is located under the hotel. Parking is $25.00/day.
Note: Georgetown University has begun several construction projects. Please be aware of an increase of construction vehicles and allow the appropriate amount of time when traveling to and from the conference center.
When & Where
Maryland-DC Campus Compact
Maryland-DC Campus Compact
401 Rosemont Ave.
Frederick, MD 21701