2016 KimChi Seminar (Kimchi : The Pearl of Korean Cuisine)
100% of every donation goes directly to the Melbourne Korean War Memorial Project. We deeply appreciate your support. For more information, please visit www.melkoreanwarmemorial.org.au
Kimchi Seminar Program
6.30pm Opening Ceremony
6.40pm Korean Traditional Performance
6.45pm Kimchi-making Demonstration with Heather Jeong
- Napa cabbage Kimchi
- Young radish Kimchi
- White Kimchi
- Cucumber Kimchi
* A short video about Kimchi will be played.
7.15pm Hansangcharim(Korean set menu): Share plates will be served all at once
- Moossam(pickled radish wrap) with snow pea sprouts and Bulgogi(BBQ beef)
- Bossam : steamed pork belly with Ssamjang(chilli and soy dipping sauce) served with assorted wraps
- Assortment of Korean pancakes: Kimchipajun(Kimchi pancake), Buchujun(garlic chive Pancake) and Bindaetteok(mungbean pancake)
- Yang Jang Pi : assorted seafood and vegetables with mustard sauce
- Gogimari : wagyu shabu beef stuffed with enoki mushrooms and shallots
- Daeji Bulgogi(grilled marinated pork slices) with assorted salad wraps
- Multi grain steamed rice
- Doenjang soup : soy bean paste soup
- Assortment of different Kimchi
- Yakgwa (Korean sweet pastry)
- Sujeonggwa (Korean Cinnamon Punch)
* The chef’s menu is designed to be shared
* Some dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated and we suggest that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure.
6.00pm - 9.00pm Kimchi Exhibition
- Gimjang : the traditional process of preparing and preserving Kimchi
- Kimchi ingredients : What you need to make Kimchi
- The History of Kimchi
- 10 essential Kimchi dishes and recipes
- Books about K-Food and Kimchi will be displayed
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Lakeside Events is conveniently located across from the Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre (MSAC) in Albert Park, further on down Aughtie Drive, just next to Lakeside Stadium. More than 300 car parking spaces available throughout the day.
Route 96 (East Brunswick to St Kilda Beach) – Stop 129
Route 12 (City to South Melbourne/St Kilda) – Stop 131
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Please note that tickets are sold on a strict no refund or exchange basis. In the event of a cancelled show, you will be refunded the face value of the ticket. 100% of every donation goes directly to the Melbourne Korean War Memorial Project.We deeply appreciate your support.
The Melbourne Korean War Memorial Project Committee is organised by the National Unification Advisory Council Melbourne, Korean Society of Victoria and the Korea Veterans Association of Australia, and is supported by the Consulate-General of the Republic of Korea in Melbourne. We look forward to your continued interest and support for this dignified memorial project, a symbol of longstanding friendship and gratitude.
Thank you for your support and participation.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com or on 03 9533 3806 during business hours. Thank you.