*****Due to recent technical difficulties, the registration page can best be accessed using the Google Chrome web browser**** If you have any issues registering for the parade, please call 417-347-4622.
The Annual Joplin Christmas Parade brought to you by Freeman Health System will be December 6th, 2016. This years theme is "A Hollywood Christmas".
Freeman Health System is proud to continue our ongoing support and sponsorship of the 46th Annual Joplin Christmas Parade. We consider this a gift to the community we are so blessed to have served for the past 91 years and we are honored play a key in role in bringing the parade to the City again this year.
As the logistics for this year’s parade are being planned it is very important that we plan for the amount of parade entrees in light of the space available to line them up in a safe and organized fashion. Because of this we are limiting the non-School and Band entrees to the first 75 that register. Limiting the parade entrants not only makes the pre-parade line up safer and more organized it also takes into consideration the amount of time school aged children are exposed to cold temperatures.
If you would like to enter your organization or business in the Joplin Christmas Parade be sure you get your entry formed filled out soon to ensure your participation in this great community event that is enjoyed by thousands.
For parade entries inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 417-347-4622.
OFFICIAL PARADE RULES-please read
Mandatory Safety Rules
1. All entries must be at their line-up position no earlier 4:30 pm and no later than 5:45 pm. All entries will
be sent a map of their lineup position and time to arrive prior to the parade.
2. Entries must be DECORATED in “A Hollywood Christmas” theme.
3. All entries must have their group or organization’s entry # visible to the judge’s eye for proper judging recognition.
4. All bands and performers will be allowed to stop in front of the judges’ stand ONLY. You are to make your performance NO longer than 60 seconds.
5. Entries are NOT ALLOWED to have or display a real life Santa Claus on their float or driven vehicle.
(Remember there is only one Santa and he is scheduled to be there)
6. No candy can be thrown from your float or driven vehicle. You may have someone walking along the
sidewalk curb handing out candy or trinkets.
7. Trailers and vehicles must be road worthy and carry the appropriate motor vehicle insurance if required
by the State of Missouri.
8. Driver vision must not be unimpeded
9. The exhaust system shall not create an obvious fire hazard; particularly relating to decorative materials
from the float that may come in contact with hot vehicle parts. A minimum of 12 inches clearance must
be provided around heat producing elements.
10. Each parade apparatus must have a fire extinguisher on board with easy access by the occupants.
11. Spare gas containers cannot accompany the parade vehicle or be staged along the parade route.
12. Children under the age of 13 must remain seated on the parade apparatus at all times.
13. A 1:3 Ratio of adults to children under the age of 7 is required on all parade floats.
14. Safe areas, including hand holds, must be constructed for all persons riding on any vehicle or float.
15. Equestrian entries must provide their own clean up.
16. Any and all animals in parade must have proof of updated vaccinations.
17. Vendors must have appropriate insurance listing Freeman Health System & City of Joplin.
18. No float can be over 13’6”.
19. No monkeys are allowed in the parade as per Joplin Health Department Code.