Dear 2016 Joplin Christmas Parade Participant:
Thank you so much for your entry into the 2016 Joplin Christmas Parade, A Hollywood Christmas. We are very excited for the opportunity to be a part of this event and we are sure you are, too. This email should provide all of the information you will need for the day of the parade. Line up for the Christmas Parade will begin promptly at 4:30 pm on December 6th. Parade lineup will take place between the blocks of 15th and 24th on Main Street. You will line up according to the number you are assigned. Please pick up your number at the check in table located at the block you are assigned to. Each block has a sign in table. Make sure the number is securely attached to the front driver’s side entry of your entry for judging purposes. There will be volunteers in orange vests all along Main Street to help guide you to your assigned position and affix numbers.
The parade will begin promptly at 6 pm and the parade route will be from 15th and Main Street through 3rd and Main Street. Your entry will be announced by the parade emcee and scored by the judges that will be stationed at 8th and Main.
We will have an Incident Command Center set up at 8th and Main Street as well as volunteers throughout the parade route to help you with any needs that may arise. Volunteers will be designated by the orange vests that they will be wearing. The parade will conclude at 3rd and Main Street. At that time, you will exit accordingly. All bands and school groups arriving on buses will exit to the east when they reach 3rd street. The rest of the entries will exit to the west on 3rd street. In order to maintain safe and efficient flow in the parade and avoid any delays or stoppages, please follow the following requests:
- All participants walking in the parade will need to move safely to the south (left) sidewalk as their entry exits the parade at 3rd Street. Do not walk in the street once you leave the parade route. Walkers will need to exit the area of 3rd street as soon as possible.
- All bands are required to exit the parade to the east. Buses associated with these groups are to park to the east of Main Street, and not to the west.
- If you do not need to unload, or have unloaded before another entry in front of you, please pass those entries on the right side of 3rd Street and exit south onto Joplin Street. Please do not wait behind other entries that are trying to unload in the designated area if you are ready to exit.
- For those driving cars or smaller entries, please maintain the distance between you and the entry in front of you that was established in the staging area at the beginning of the parade.
There will be volunteers posted to guide you should you have any questions.
Thank you for your participation in the 2016 Joplin Christmas Parade. Together, with your commitment and participation, we know that this parade will be a success and be enjoyed by the members of our community.
The Freeman Health System Christmas Parade committee
*****Due to recent technical difficulties, the registration page can best be accessed using the Google Chrome web browser**** If you have any issues registering for the parade, please call 417-347-4622.
The Annual Joplin Christmas Parade brought to you by Freeman Health System will be December 6th, 2016. This years theme is "A Hollywood Christmas".
Freeman Health System is proud to continue our ongoing support and sponsorship of the 46th Annual Joplin Christmas Parade. We consider this a gift to the community we are so blessed to have served for the past 91 years and we are honored play a key in role in bringing the parade to the City again this year.
As the logistics for this year’s parade are being planned it is very important that we plan for the amount of parade entrees in light of the space available to line them up in a safe and organized fashion. Because of this we are limiting the non-School and Band entrees to the first 75 that register. Limiting the parade entrants not only makes the pre-parade line up safer and more organized it also takes into consideration the amount of time school aged children are exposed to cold temperatures.
If you would like to enter your organization or business in the Joplin Christmas Parade be sure you get your entry formed filled out soon to ensure your participation in this great community event that is enjoyed by thousands.
For parade entries inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 417-347-4622.
OFFICIAL PARADE RULES-please read
Mandatory Safety Rules
1. All entries must be at their line-up position no earlier 4:30 pm and no later than 5:45 pm. All entries will
be sent a map of their lineup position and time to arrive prior to the parade.
2. Entries must be DECORATED in “A Hollywood Christmas” theme.
3. All entries must have their group or organization’s entry # visible to the judge’s eye for proper judging recognition.
4. All bands and performers will be allowed to stop in front of the judges’ stand ONLY. You are to make your performance NO longer than 60 seconds.
5. Entries are NOT ALLOWED to have or display a real life Santa Claus on their float or driven vehicle.
(Remember there is only one Santa and he is scheduled to be there)
6. No candy can be thrown from your float or driven vehicle. You may have someone walking along the
sidewalk curb handing out candy or trinkets.
7. Trailers and vehicles must be road worthy and carry the appropriate motor vehicle insurance if required
by the State of Missouri.
8. Driver vision must not be unimpeded
9. The exhaust system shall not create an obvious fire hazard; particularly relating to decorative materials
from the float that may come in contact with hot vehicle parts. A minimum of 12 inches clearance must
be provided around heat producing elements.
10. Each parade apparatus must have a fire extinguisher on board with easy access by the occupants.
11. Spare gas containers cannot accompany the parade vehicle or be staged along the parade route.
12. Children under the age of 13 must remain seated on the parade apparatus at all times.
13. A 1:3 Ratio of adults to children under the age of 7 is required on all parade floats.
14. Safe areas, including hand holds, must be constructed for all persons riding on any vehicle or float.
15. Equestrian entries must provide their own clean up.
16. Any and all animals in parade must have proof of updated vaccinations.
17. Vendors must have appropriate insurance listing Freeman Health System & City of Joplin.
18. No float can be over 13’6”.
19. No monkeys are allowed in the parade as per Joplin Health Department Code.
2016 JOPLIN CHRISTMAS PARADE LINE UP
DECEMBER 6, 2016
15TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 16TH STREET
JOPLIN POLICE DEPARTMENT LEAD VEHICLE/JOPLIN PD/FD HONOR GUARDS
CITY OF JOPLIN MRAP VEHICLE
JOPLIN FIRE DEPT TRUCK
- JOPLIN EAGLE PRIDE MARCHING BAND
- JOPLIN MIDDLE SCHOOL CHEERLEADERS
- OZARK CENTER
- FOOTPRINTS & FRIENDS PRESCHOOL
- SOUTHWEST MISSOURI QUARTER MIDGET CAR ASSOCIATION
- ARVEST BANK
- JOPLIN NORTH MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND
16TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 17TH STREET
- GIRL SCOUT TROOP 71302
- THE FLIP SHOP
- SLO-MO V DUBS
- CUB SCOUT PACK 39
- CUB SCOUT PACK 77
- SARCOXIE MARCHING BEARS
- MELISSA COLE
- CUB SCOUT PACK 70
- GIRL SCOUT TROOP 71339
- LUCKY CLOVER 4H POLAR EXRESS
- GIRL SCOUT TROOP 71392
17TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 18TH STREET
- JOPLIN EAST MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND
- JOPLIN FFA
- JOPLIN AREA FIREFIGHTERS CHRISTMAS 4 KIDS
- JOPLIN LITTLE ALL-STARS
- JOPLIN YOUTH CHEER
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF SW MO
- FREEMAN HEALTH SYSTEM
- FREEMAN AUXILIARY
- FIRST GOSPEL WORKERS CHURCH
- AMPLIFY TUMBLING & TRAMPOLINE
- DIAMOND WILDCAT MARCHING BAND
18TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 19TH STREET
- SPINNING WHEELS SK8 CENTER
- UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE OF JOPLIN
- STUDENTS AGAINST DESTRUCTIVE DECISIONS
- S.O.S. MINISTRIES
- MCAULEY CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL MISS MERRY CHRISTMAS 2016
- POST 13 AMERICAN LEGION
- ONE CHURCH JOPLIN
- QUAKER HILL SKILLED NURSING
- FREEMAN DONOR COUNCIL
- FOX 14/KOAM TV PUPPET PARTY
- JOPLIN SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL MARCHING BAND
19TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 20TH STREET
- XTREME LIMOUSINES
- TORQ’D PERFORMANCE
- THE GREEN ALLIANCE OF SW MO
- ZIMMER RADIO GROUP
- MSSU CHEERLEADERS AND ROARY
- H&R BLOCK
- JOPLIN OUTLAWS
- CRICKET WIRELESS
- DR. FLY’S
- ROPER BUICK GMC
20TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 21ST STREET
- SOUTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH
- OPERATION COMBAT FREEDOM
- GILSTER MARY LEE
- THE COMMUNITIES OF WILDWOOD RANCH
- NEW DIMENSIONS SCHOOL OF HAIR DESIGN
- CICI’S PIZZA
- JOPLIN GARDENS
- OAKTON UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
- LOVE YOUR MELON
- JOPLIN SALVATION ARMY
21ST STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 22ND STREET
- ABOU BEN ADHEM SHRINE CREW
- MO ARMY NATIONAL GUARD 203RD
- REDDINGS MILL FIRE DEPT
- WAL-MART STORE #59
- JOPLIN HEALTH & REHAB
- ATLAS SAFE ROOMS
- MIKAELA CARSON
- AMI RADIO
- THE LAWN GUY
- PITS IN THE PARK
22ND STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 23RD STREET
- FRESENIUS KIDNEY CARE
- D&J AUTO SALES
- JOPLIN SPORTS AUTHORITY
- MO KAN ROLLER GIRLZ
- MAKAYLA GRACE CUSTOM T SHIRTS
- IMMANUEL LUTHERAN & MARTIN LUTHER SCHOOL
- COMER’S WRECKER
- CROSSROADS CHEVROLET CADILLAC
- LIBERTY TAX SERVICE
- LEGACY FARM & LAWN
- REGAL CAR SALES & CREDIT
23RD STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 24TH STREET
- UNION TRANSFER & STORAGE
- JOPLIN HUMANE SOCIETY
- COURTNEY DENNEY/MOOREHOUSE/HEIFNER TEAM
- ASSOCIATED REDI MIX
- CERTIFIED EXPRESS
24TH STREET-ENTER FROM THE EAST SIDE OF 25TH STREET
- ASBELL COMPANIES
- T&D DONKEY RESCUE
- O’BRIEN REDI MIX
- COCA COLA
- SANTA FE TOWING
- CITY OF JOPLIN RECYCLING
- JFD FIRE TRUCK LEADING SANTA