San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2016 IPVA (Intimate Partner Violence Advocate) Certification Series
IPVA is one of APFC's initiatives that has been operating since 2009; this five-part program is valuable to anyone who provides advocacy and support to families through social services, the schools, the healthcare system, or the criminal justice system. Even business leaders will find IPVA valuable as one in four women is a victim of domestic violence, so it is likely that a colleague or employee will need support.
You can register for all five classes or you can take classes individually if you have some background on the issue
IPVA attendees walk away with practical tools and information on how to safely and effectively approach, support, and empower victims. Since inception, 100% of IPVA attendees reported that they'd recommend the series to colleagues (per confidential survey). See our Facebook page to read comments by former attendees (www.Facebook.com/APFCNJ).
2016 PROGRAM DATES & DETAILS:
1. DV101: Domestic Violence Introduction - Wednesday, September 21, 2016
2. DV102: Understanding the Victim/Survivor - Tuesday, October 18, 2016
3. The Effects of Domestic Violence on Children - Thursday, November 3, 2016
4. Teen Dating Abuse - Tuesday, December 13, 2016
5. DV103: Advocacy and Community Response - Wednesday, January 10, 2017
Time: All classes run from 9:45 AM to 4:00PM
Location: Training Facility at Prevent Child Abuse NJ, 103 Church St., New Brunswick. There is a parking garage conveniently located right on Church Street; street parking is not advised.
Cost: $500 for the series or $110 per class. (Includes materials, certificate and light refreshments).
Please bring your lunch!
Class Descriptions: Please go to: http://www.apartnershipforchange.org/ipva.htm
Prefer to pay by check? Then, DO NOT register here. Please email us at IPVA@apartnershipforchange.org to register your name and receive payment information.
Important Information on Professional Credits:
Anyone: 5.5 DVS (Domestic Violence Specialist) credits are awarded for EACH IPVA class; credits authorized by the NJ Coalition to End Domestic Violence (NJCEDV).
Nurses, Social Workers and LPCs: Contact us at IPVA@APartnershipforChange.org for more information.
- Training Facility is wheelchair accesible.
- Workshops are based on best practices that acknowledge and respect the needs of victims from diverse populations.
- The speakers have nothing to disclose; there are no conflicts of interest, sponsorship, or financial/commercial support being supplied for these activities.
Save This Event
When & Where
A Partnership for Change (APFC)
A Partnership for Change (APFC) is a New Jersey-based, private, non-profit organization dedicated to ending intimate partner violence through the provision of comprehensive education, awareness and prevention programs.
All programs developed by Allison Bressler, MA and Gloria Sgrizzi, Co-Founders/Co-Directors of A Partnership for Change.
For more information about our work, visit us at www.APartnershipforChange.org.