2016 GED® SUMMIT
The State GED® Program, part of the Higher Education Coordinating Commission Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development in collaboration with the Chief Education Office, is proud to sponor Oregon's Third Annual GED® Summit: "Lighting the Way For a Brighter Future."
The GED®Summit was originally developed as a way to support all of the changes associated with the new test in 2014 and to expand our partnerships with GED® stakeholders around the state. The event proved to be a valuable way of collaborating and was held again for the second time in November 2015. Join us this year as we continue coming together to collaborate and educate with the goal of "Lighting the Way For a Brighter Future." Limited space is available and is on a first come, first serve basis.
All state and local organizations working with the GED® community are invited to participate.
We are going green this year. Please bring your laptops or mobile devices to download documents associated to the workshops you attend, or feel free to bring printed copies.
We are featuring a variety of speakers this year that demonstrate "Lighting the Way for a Brighter Future."
We would like to thank and recognize Chalkboard Project Portland for Champion Education by providing scholarships to this year's Summit.
Apply for Scholarship
GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION
October 27, 2016
- 7:00am - Registration Stations Open, remember your ticket.
- 7:00am to 8:30am - Registration, Networking and Plated Breakfast**
- 8:30am to 10:00am - Plenary Speakers
- 10:15am to 11:30am - Workshops*
- 11:45am to 1:00pm - Plated Lunch** and Networking
- 1:15pm to 2:30pm - Workshops*
- 2:40pm to 3:55pm - Workshops*
- 4:05pm to 5:20pm - Workshops*
- 5:45pm to 7:00pm - Evening Reception/Speakers
- 7:00am to 8:15am - Registration, Networking and Plated Breakfast**
- 8:30am to 9:45am - Workshops*
- 9:55am to 11:10am - Workshops*
- 11:30am to 1:00pm - Plated Lunch and Closing Ceremony
*We are going green this year. Please bring your laptops or mobile devices to download documents associated to the workshops you attend, or feel free to bring printed copies.
**Dietary restrictions are available. A list of available restrictions are available during the check out process. Make sure to check your restriction. At registration you will be given a ticket that will grant you access to the dietary restriction you requested.
GENERAL VENDOR and COMMUNITY PARTNER INFORMATION
The GED Summit serves as a professional development venue for the GED Community whom is comprised of local partners, educators, administrators, legislators, community leaders and students. This is a place where collaboration, networking and ideas are born to help students not only earn their GED, but to also connect with post-secondary opportunities such as: private post-secondary colleges, training, apprenticeship, career technical education, different certificate programs and university degrees. Part of achieving this goal is the ability to partner with vendors such as you.
Special lodging rates have been secured for the summit with Embassy Suites Washington Square.
- Baggage Storage and Hold
- Complimentary Beverage and Breakfast Area. Please feel free to bring any of these items in with you to the conference Plated Breakfast.
- Concierge Service, Laundry Service (Coin Operated), Elevators, Gift Shop, Guest Activity/Recreation Desk, Lounge,
- Multi-lingual Staff
- Room Service
- Safety Deposit Box
- Snack Shop
- Fitness Room and Pool
- Located next to Washington Square Mall
SAVE THE DATE, MAP AND THINGS TO DO