San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
5th Annual Finger Lakes Social Entrepreneurship Institute : November 11-13
The theme for this year's Institute is "Creating Healthy and Vibrant Communities Through Our Social Ventures."
The Institute will feature tools that are essential to the success of a social venture, a keynote talk, presentations with inspiring and innovative social entrepreneurs, one-on-one coaching from experience entrepreneurs, and a field trip to a local incubator and a co-working space. This year, we will also be joined by teens from Rochester who will be leading a special Teen Social Entrepreneurship track on Sunday, November 13. Click here for a separate registration page for teen particpants.
Your ticket gives you access to Friday's opening plenary and reception, all the workshops on Saturday, yoga breaks, and one-on-one coaching or a field trip (which includes a session on the Lean Startup Model) on Sunday morning.
Full Registration Fee: $200
10% Early Bird Discount if you register before midnight on October 16. The promotional code is : EarlyBird
Student Registration Fee: $100. The promotional code for students is : Student
Registration closes midnight of November 4th.
Full and Partial Scholarships are available by application. Click here to apply.
Meals included in the price of the Institute are:
- Friday Dinner
- Saturday Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast and Lunch
Featured Models and Tools:
- The Abundance Cycle: We created the Abundance Cycle to open people’s eyes to the possibilities they have been blind to simply because they have been using outdated models. Models are important tools. They distill complex information and make communication easier. However, models also limit our questions by governing what we see. We were tired of the same old arguments and felt it was time for a new model that reflected new realities. By using the Abundance Cycle and unveiling a fresh perspectives, you can reveal previously unknown sources of value and out compete your rivals.
- People-Centered Design: This Design Process helps people hear the needs of those they’re designing for, create innovative approaches to meet these needs, and deliver solutions that work in specific cultural and economic contexts.
- Theory of Change: The theory of change model focuses on the social change you intend to achieve. This model maps out the activities that will help you reach your impact goals, they ways you will measure success, and how to strengthen what is working and reconsider what isn't.
The Institute will includes panels and workshops where you will:
- Apply and evaluate leading models pivotal to the success of social ventures.
- Know and incorporate elements of creating a collaborative, inclusive economy into their social ventures or areas of work.
- Integrate the insights and know-how of experienced social entrepreneurs, peers and consultants.
- Develop relationships that continue beyond the Institute with a diverse group of social entrepreneurs and people in key supporting sectors such as education, business, finance, policy, and community organizing.
This event would not be possible without the generous support of our co-sponsors: Entrepreneurship at Cornell, the Engaged Student Leadership Program at Cornell's Office of Engagement Activities, and the Park Foundation.
1. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact us at CTAoffice@cornell.edu
2. Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No, if you would like to donate your ticket to someone else, please contact us at CTAoffice@cornell.edu
3. Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you can go back to your registration and update any information.
4. Where can I find the schedule of the Institute?
After you register, you will immediately be logged into Sched.org, where you will see the full schedule of the event. Here you can create a personalized schedule by choosing which sessions you'd like to attend and see who else is registered.
5. I want to go to the Teen Social Entrepreneurship Program on Sunday. Where do I register for that?
Click here to register for the Teen Social Entrepreneurship Program.
6. I can no longer attend the Institute. Can I receive a refund?
- Requests for refunds made on or before October 16 will receive a full refund.
- Requests for refunds made between October 17 and October 28 will receive a 50% refund.
- Requests for refunds made after October 28 will not be given.
When & Where
Center for Transformative Action