Hybrid and Online Tax Preparation Course Overview and Benefits
Study anywhere/anytime with an internet connection
- No prerequisites required.
- FREE academic support from tax school instructors
- Certificate of Completion
- Emailed upon completion with a final passing grade of 70% or greater
- 18 hour class
Topics Covered Include:
- Electronic Filing
- W2/1099 Forms
- Federal Form 1040
- Interviewng Techiniques
- Filing Requirements
- Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC)
- Due Diligence
- Ethical Issues
and much, much more!
Upon Successful Completion, Students Will be Able to:
- Prepare their own income tax returns or others for compensation
- Perform a thorough interview with a taxpayer
- Identify dishonesty in tax reporting
- Determine eligibility for deductions and credits
- Accurately calculate a taxpayer's refund or balance due
- Advise a taxpayer utilizing knowledge and taxplanning strategies
The purpose of this course is to teach students how to prepare income tax returns for compensation. We offer evening and weekend courses throughout the year.
Upon passing of our course, the student will receive a certificate of completion and should then apply for a PTIN (Preparer's Tax Identification Number).
Applicants must be 18 years old and have no criminal convictions that could affect your dealings with the public, such as fraud or violence. Having a conviction does not automatically preclude you from licensure, it would just trigger a hearing. They must also have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
**Schedule subject to change at Instructor's discretion.