On Friday, October 7th and Saturday, October 8th, 2016, Heritage Works, in partnership with the Iowa State University College of Design, will host a symposium titled: “City in a Garden: Alfred Caldwell’s Eagle Point Park.” The symposium is designed for architects, landscape architects, historic preservation professionals and people with a general interest in Dubuque history and architecture.
A list of speakers:
- John Vinci, FAIA, Principal of Vinci Hamp Architects in Chicago
- John Eifler, FAIA, Principal Eifler & Associates in Chicago
- Dennis Domer, retired associate professor of American Studies at University of Kansas
- Julia Bachrach, Planning Supervisor for the Chicago Park District and Caldwell historian
- June Finfer, President and Producer at Lost and Found Productions
- Joel Baldin, ASLA, Principal of Hitchcock Design Group in Chicago
Participants of the symposium will receive six hours of LA CES and AIA CEU (both pending approval). Participants will also have the opportunity to visit Caldwell’s work at the park, contribute to conversations about his work and begin the discussion of necessary historic preservation planning work. Hotel reservations can be made at the Hotel Julien or Holiday Inn Dubuque/Galena under the block name: Dubuque Heritage Festival. These rooms will be released on September 6th.