Part of the Lindsey O’Brien Kesling Wishing Tree Foundation’s mission is to help prevent deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. Knowing the symptoms and making carbon monoxide detectors more readily available to those who may not be able to afford them are a few of the ways we are working to spread awareness.
Each fall we host several carbon monoxide awareness events and are happy to make our downloadable kit available to others who are interested in hosting their own event. Besides these online materials, we have a limited number of banners and free CO detectors we will make available to select organizations. Please register here if interested in hosting an event in your town and we will contact you soon with further details.
We typically begin our outreach campaign with Fire Prevention Month (October) events hosted by firehouses; however, you are welcome to host an event outside of that timespan if that works better for you. You may still use our downloadable kit, described below.
- Customizable press release
- Ready-to-go social media updates suitable for Facebook, Twitter and Google+ — just copy and paste!
- Printable coloring page for younger children
- Suggestions for utilizing online petitions, urging your local legislators to pass laws about CO detector requirements in residential homes
- Downloadable banner
- Downloadable flyer with symptoms
- Downloadable video with warning symptoms
Support for this program is made possible by a generous gift from Pete & Charlene Kesling, grandparents of Lindsey O’Brien Kesling.
If you cannot attend, but would like to donate to help support our efforts, please choose the "Donate" option below. Thank you!!