Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Wave 1 is sold out. Catch Wave 2 for the late-shift fun! Price increases soon, so register now!
The Trail of Lights Fun Run is where fitness gets festive. With everything from crazy costumes and hats to the run through over 2 million lights - we're back and better than ever!
The 2.1 mile run begins at the Zilker Tree and ends at the historic Yule Log in the Trail of Lights. Run through a sea of Santas and elves and enjoy the lighted tunnels and displays. Be sure to take a breather afterwards at our Finish Line Festival, featuring a DJ dance party, activities, an expo and giveaways from health brands and more!
2016 Fun Run Features:
- New in 2016: 2 separate start times!
- The Finish Line Festival includes a fitness expo, DJ dance party, and food and beverages. Hours are 6:30 - 10 pm.
- Costume contests and giveaways
- Teams and Team Awards
- Holiday photo ops
- Fun accessory add-ons at registration
- Wave 1: Starts at 6:30. Jump right out of the gates with the early wave. Be the first to experience the Trail of Lights, get the party started for the post-race Dance Party and Expo and be home before sugar plums start dancing in little ones’ heads. Starting line closes at 7:00 pm for Wave 1, so don’t be late!
- Wave 2: Starts at 8:00. For those who want to dance (or run) the night away. Take your time to revel in the lights and shut the dance floor down in the post-race Dance Party and Expo. Starting line closes at 8:30 for Wave 2, so don’t be late!
- Strollers permitted
- Children in strollers do not require a registration
- Any child running or walking needs to register for the 2016 Fun Run
Team Registration Now Open!!!
- Teams of 10-25: team name on Fun Run bib
- Teams of 20 or more qualify for early packet pick up
- Teams of 25 or more: team name on your Fun Run shirt (registration deadline: 11/16)
- All teams: Team photo by the Zilker Tree and Start Line provided by the Trail of Lights - professional photographer with fun backdrop
- Largest Team: special trophy and designated VIP tent during Finish Line Festival
- Best Team Costume: special trophy and free accessory packages for all team members
- Most Holiday Team Spirit: special trophy
Grab your Santa hats and costumes and get active while you enjoy a sneak peek at Austin's favorite holiday celebration!
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for more info.
Please Note: The Trail of Lights Fun Run will be happening rain or shine. Because of the logistics of planning for a race of this size, we cannot offer refunds for any reason. In the event that weather is severe enough to create an unsafe environment for participants, organizers will cancel the event with no refunds issued.
When & Where
Austin Trail of Lights
The Austin Trail of Lights is Austin's favorite holiday celebration. Since 1965, the Trail has delighted Central Texans with 1.2 miles of lighted tunnels and displays. Learn more about how to be a part of the iconic Trail of Lights!