As a business owner, or an accountant for a business, you face the demands of an ever-changing business environment. How can Lurie, LLP best help you meet these challenges? Just being aware of the issues surrounding technology, accounting and tax strategies, payroll tax and sales tax matters is not enough information.
Lurie understands your need to be more informed. That's why we've developed the Accounting Professionals Year-End Update. At this seminar you will benefit from:
- An up-to-date overview of payroll and 1099 reporting issues and various related topics
- Q&A interaction during the session with the presenters and fellow attendees
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online Q&A
- Electronic ready-to-use reference materials
Seminar Objectives & Benefits
By the end of this seminar you will have learned:
- How to plan for the business year end, and what information to provide to your tax preparer
- Fringe benefit reporting, especially for S corporation, and owners and members of a limited liability company (LLC), or partners in a partnership
- New per diem rates
- 2017 wage bases and tax rates for payroll, for both employee and employer, and retirement plan contributions
- Form 1099 reporting - when to report and how to avoid penalties
- QuickBooks tips - Q&A session for Desktop and QBO
- Choose one session to register for
- Register by November 23 for Session One
- Register by December 2 for Session Two
- Reservations are limited, so reserve your spot today
- There is no cost to attend this seminar
- Session One: Tuesday, November 29 from 12:30 - 4 pm / registration from 12:30 - 1 pm / seminar from 1 - 4 pm
- Session Two: Wednesday, December 7 from 8 - 11:30 am / registration from 8 - 8:30 am / seminar from 8:30 - 11:30 am
- Program Level: Basic
- Prerequisites & Advanced Preparation: None
- Delivery Method: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 3
- We'll also be be collecting Toys for Tots during this time. Feel free to contribute a toy to our bin.
Janet Nagele-Judd, CPA
Janet has over 20 years of experience in the industry, both within the tax department at public accounting firms and as a company controller. Janet truly enjoys being a resource for clients. She assists with analyzing their financial plans, works through any challenges, offer unique solutions and maintains effective communication. Janet is a manager for our YourBooks® team.
Derek is a certified QuickBooks Pro-Advisor and is Bill.com certified. He is an Associate in the Entrepreneurial Services Group and works primarily on YourBooks® - accounting and outsourcing services, payroll and sales and use tax consulting. He has spent his career working with bookkeepers in small and medium sized businesses from multiple industries, assisting them with financial reporting, software implementation, and payroll processing. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Metropolitan State University.
Travis is a certified QuickBooks Pro-Advisor and holds the Bill.com Guru certification. He is an Associate in the Entrepreneurial Services Group and works primarily with YourBooks® clients. Travis works with a variety of small to mid-sized companies in several industries to meet their payroll, sales and use tax filing, integrations with third-party apps, inter-company transactions, and monthly financial reporting needs.