The Workplace Wellness Forum engages HR representatives, benefit coordinators and other wellness decision-makers from across the broad spectrum of companies around the need for healthier employees. By conversing with leaders currently running corporate wellness programs, hearing ideas for low-cost remedies to the ever-growing burden of healthcare costs, and participating in timely sessions that provide how-to information on trending topics in corporate wellness, participants walk away from this event with personal knowledge of best practices they can implement at their own companies.
Our emcee for the day is Priya Mann, Reporter for WDIV TV Channel 4, vegetrarian and yoga enthusiast. Our keynote speaker is Michigan's own lifestyle change expert Pete Thomas. NBC's most successful "Biggest Loser," Pete Thomas is the Season 2 At-Home Winner of The Biggest Loser and author of the book, "Lose It Fast Lose It Forever." He is a professional speaker, corporate wellness coach and spokesman and he has a lively presentation and fitness challenge on tap for the day.
You'll also learn ways to improve the fitness culture in your workplace and how to change what you're eating on the job all day. Rounding out the event will be our Special Guest Speaker, Jason Hall, Founder of Slow Roll Detroit, who's taking his cycling message all around the country.
Don't miss this FREE engaging forum on employee health. Registration is required.
Agenda topics include:
- A Survivor's Fight Against Statistics - James Young - As featured in Ebony magazine and Fox2 News Detroit
- Change What You Eat (and Serve) at Work - Here's How - Heather Gavras - Sr. Field Consultant, Preventive Health Markets, American Heart Association
- A Doctor's View of an Employee Heart - Pam Marcovitz, M.D. - Director, Ministrelli Women's Heart Center, Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak
- Special Guest: Jason Hall - Slow Roll Detroit
- Yes, You Can Work All Day and Be Fit, Too! - Michelle Miller - Wellness Coordinator, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Keynote Speaker: Pete Thomas - Speaker, Spokesman, Author and NBC'S Most Successful "Biggest Loser"
Dress casual - Lunch provided - Exercise demos
Maybe you’re aware that heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans. If you didn’t know this, you’re in good company. That’s why we host this event. Our mission at the American Heart Association is to build healthier lives, free from cardiovascular disease and stroke. The Workplace Wellness Forum is just one way we engage people and inspire them to do a little more than they’re doing today to start that journey to better health.
Questions? Contact Stefanie.Worth@heart.org.
When & Where
American Heart Association
Heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans. The American Heart Association fights heart disease and stroke, raises awareness of these diseases, and reaches out to people with informational resources; helping them take positive action to achieve a heart-healthy lifestyle.