San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"This workshop was extremely informational and I'm so glad that I found out about it and attended. My future housemates and I attended together and got the preferred renter cards, which actually ended up helping us so much in getting the house we wanted -- we beat out a dozen other groups who wanted the same house because of this workshop!" - Evaluation Comment from 2014 Participant
Did you just sign a lease and realize that you have some problems and are not sure where to get help to resolve them? Are you thinking about moving off campus next year and feel lost in the process of even finding a place? This workshop provides information, advice, and resources to help your transition off campus be a positive experience. Successfully completing the 2 hour workshop means you receive a FREE UVM Preferred Renter Card.
Also, FREE dinner provided.
- UVM Fire Marshal
- Burlington Police Department
- City Councilors
- VT Tenants
- Apartment Owners' Association
- Off Campus Students
- Burlington Community Support Program
- A Local Landlord
- And many more...
Includes a video of past participants' evaluation of the workshop!
When & Where
Office of Student & Community Relations
The Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR) at the University of Vermont (UVM) is committed to creating a safe and socially just environment for off-campus students and neighbors. To do this we provide resources and education to our students so that they have successful experiences transitioning to and living off campus and we work with students, neighbors, and city partners on creative initiatives to improve the quality-of-life in our shared community.
You can contact us for the following:
- Resources for Your Off-Campus Housing Search
- Accessing Off-Campus Living Resources
- Getting Involved in Your Community
- Becoming an Student or Neighbor Liaison & Accessing Grant Money for Neighborhood Projects
- Addressing Landlord/Tenant Concerns
- Resolving Conflict with Roommates and Neighbors
- Responding to Off-Campus Bias
- Understanding City Ordinances
We strive for everyone to be able to participate in our events - please let us know how we can make our events more accessible to you!