Personalization is Driving Outcomes Across the Entire Student Lifecycle
Join us for Educelerate's second annual conference, an all-day line-up of speakers and networking focused on new innovative approaches to personalization and student success. Learn from school leaders, education company executives, investors, and edupreneurs, with panels and panelists currently set to include the following:
8.30 - Welcome by Christopher Nyren
9.00 Personalization in Admissions - our opening panel exploring how administrators and students alike can utilize new social and mobile technology to better search and evaluate for the best fit, featuring:
• Lauren Herskovic, COO @Admissionado (Chicago)
• John Knific, founder & CEO @DecisionDesk (Cleveland)
• Justin Shiffman, founder & CEO @NextTierEDU (Chicago)
• Ryan Hoch, founder & CEO @Overgrad (Chicago)
• Moderated by Dale Leatherwood, SVP Marketing of KeyPath Education (@KeyPathEDU) (Kansas / South Florida / Chicago)
10.00 Personalized Learning - everyone's favorite conference panel topic, Adaptive Learning, which will feature:
• Eric Frank, CEO @Acrobatiq (Pittsburgh)
• David Vinca, founder & CEO @eSparkLearning (Chicago)
• Manoj Kutty, co-founder & CEO @LoudCloudSys (Dallas)
• Manoj Kulkani, CEO @RealizeItLearn (Chicago)
• Moderated by Ray Henderson (@ReadMeRay), board of directors at IMS Global and formerly of Blackboard and ANGEL Learning (Indianapolis)
11.00 - Break - grab your boxed lunch before the keynote begins
11.30 Lunch Keynote - our keynote discussion on managing Personalization at Scale and featuring:
• Raghu Krishnaiah, COO of Western Governors University (@WGU), one of the first pioneers in competence based education institution and now serving 50,000 students online (Utah)
• Phil Komarny (@PhilKomarny), CEO Robots and Pencils, which has developed the University of Texas's pioneering new competence based learning initiative TEx delivering personalized, adaptive educational programming and support services at scale (Austin / Colorado / Calgary)
• Moderated by Dr. Nivine Megahed, President of National Louis University (Chicago)
13.00 Personalization in Assessment - exploring how emerging tools used to capture, measure, share, analyze, and respond to student learning data are critical for effective personalization, featuring:
• Joel Hernandez, CEO @Official_eLumen (Twin Cities)
• Chris Kalmus, founder @LiveTextedu (Chicago)
• Jamie Candee, CEO @QuestarAI (Twin Cities)
• Kirk Becker, Senior Research Scientist at @PearsonVUE (Chicago)
• Moderated by Susan Van Gundy, founder @Eduvate and organizer EducelerateCO (Colorado)
14.00 Personalized Persistence - exploring how schools can utilize new technology and academic research to personalize their engagement with students based upon their needs and risk profile to drive persistence, featuring:
• Keith Clougherty, co-founder & CEO @CopleyRetention (South Florida)
• Karan Goel, founder & CEO @GetSetLearning (Chicago)
• Judy Peppler, president & CEO @KnowledgeWorks (Cincinnati)
• Mawi Asgedom (@MawiAsgedom), founder & CEO MawiLearning (Chicago)
• Moderated by Cebra Graves, VP @USAFundsOrg (Indianapolis)
15.30 Personalization, Powered by Data - exploring the use of holistic data to help school educators and administrators better understand and serve the needs of each student, featuring:
• Julian Miller, founder & CEO @LearnMetrics (Chicago)
• Kiran Kodithala, founder & CEO @N2NServicesInc (Atlanta)
• Charlie Coglianese, co-founder & CEO @SchoolRunner (Colorado)
• Moderated by Arrun Kapoor of @SJFVentures (Raleigh Durham via NYC)
16.30 Personalized Career Pathways - exploring the use of technology along with civic and employer engagement to better address the needs and interests of students and the economy, helping to bridge our critical employable skills gap, to feature:
• Chris Motley, founder @BetterWeekDays (St. Louis)
• Loren Dinnen, Program Manager, 1000Jobs @WorldBizChicago (Chicago)
• Steve Tiufekchiev, Chief Evangelist @Yello_Co (Chicago)
• Moderated by Niraj Kaji, VP @Bridgepoint_Ed (Southern California)
17.30 Goodbye - a quick farewell and announcement of the winning Educelerate start-up who will receive a $25,000 investment funded by the conference proceeds, with our judges including:
• Christopher Nyren (@cnyren), founder @Educelerate and Educated Ventures and co-investor in Educated Capital LLC (Chicago)
• Graham Forman (@GrahamForman), founder of Edovate Capital (Colorado)
18.30 Post Conference Reception - join us after the Conference for our post-Conference reception, as organized by Julian Miller and sponsored by Escoffier Online.
A Very Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
Educelerate's investments in education innovation across the heartland of our country would not be possible without the support of our sponsors, including our headline benefactors National Louis and USA Funds.
Are there any recommended hotels or negotiated rates?
The University Club of Chicago (located one block from the Conference site on beautiful Michigan Ave facing Millennium Park) is offering a discounted rate on their interior courtyard facing rooms ($170 per night). Just call their Reservations Manager Theresa Soto at 312.696.2214 and mention the Educelerate Conference and my name (Christopher Nyren).
How did you pick the panelists?
The conference features the best and brightest from all points in between the Coasts. Following our mission to support and spotlight education innovation in "Flyover Land," we have nary a panelist from Silicon Valley, NYC, Washington DC or Boston, but instead all hail from Chicago, Twin Cities, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Colorado, Ohio and Texas. Of course, our friends from the Coast are certainly welcome to attend in the audience!
What is the dress code?
There is no dress code. This is a BYOdresscode edtech conference.
Will the Conference be available virtually?
The Education Revolution will not be televised nor streamed, at least not synchronously.