San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Own a Ford Mustang? Want to support HFM's mission to Honor Veterans and Keep History Alive? Then join us for this fundraising event that celebrates the Ford Mustang and her inspiration the P-51 Mustang - you'll need to register your car, and do it fast!
Spaces are very limited (60 classics, 40 moderns) and they sell out quickly. Only registered cars can gain access to the show - which in 2014 will be held on the Heritage Flight Museum's ramp at Skagit Regional Airport!!
This is the place to register your car and get information! Read everything!
Important things to know:
- 2014's show is being held at HFM's new facility at Skagit Regional Airport.
- Props & Ponies is a fundraising event for the Heritage Flight Museum and is run entirely by volunteers. It is a fun, family-friendly event. We ask for your patience, your good humor and your best behavior. If you at any point exhibit a lack of any of those, we will not hesitate to cancel your registration and/or escort you from the premises!
- Registration can only be done online through this page. No exceptions. If you do not have access to a computer or the internet at home, most public libraries have free computer and internet access.
- Gates open to registered attendees at 8:00am on the morning of the show, and they close at 9:00am. Do not arrive early, do not arrive late!
- Be prepared to spend the day enjoying the flying, all the other cars, awards and generally good weather. Remember that this is a fundraising event for the museum and is open to the public from 12-4pm. We cannot let vehicles leave early. The gates remain closed until 4:00pm when you will then be able to leave the grounds.
- The third weekend in August is fairly quiet in the Skagit Valley - unlike in Bellingham! Nonetheless, it is highly advisable that if you wish to overnight for this show that you book your rooms sooner rather than later. Additional information will be sent via email after you register.
- The show takes place on a secure air field, thus the militant times on the coming and going! Each car is checked in, photographed and parked, in no particular order. This is not a first-on-site, first-checked-in event.
- Every registered car is individually photographed with a P-51 Mustang. Photos are available for free download after the show.
- Cancellations more than a week prior to the event will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations less than a week prior to the event will receive no refund. Remember, this is a fundraising event!
- Communication for this event and the annual cruise will be conducted via email. Be sure to register with an email address that you check regularly.
- We can't emphasize strongly enough that Props & Ponies is first, a fundraising event for HFM and second, run entirely by volunteers. We have a strict policy about attendee behavior - we are grateful for your support, but we will not tollerate impatience or incivility.
In addition to the car show on Saturday, 16 August 2013, there are a number of additional events on Friday, 15 August that are organized and ticketed separately:
- A day-long cruise from the Mukilteo Ferry landing to the Heritage Flight Museum, with stops and scenic driving along the way.
- Props, Ponies & Popping Corks tasting event, taking place at Heritage Flight Museum from 5:30-8:30pm includes local beers, wines, foods and live music.
For more general information about this event, see http://www.heritageflight.org/content/visit/calendar-special-events/props-ponies/
If you're ready to register, get started!
When & Where
Heritage Flight Museum
Founded in 1996 by Apollo 8 astronaut Maj. General William Anders, the Heritage Flight Museum is a non-profit, 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to the preservation and flying of historic military aircraft. The Museum is located at the Skagit Regional Airport in Burlington, WA and is open 9-3pm Tues-Sat with 'fly days' on the 2nd Saturday of each month (April-October). Visitors can get an up-close look at the selection of flying World War II, Korean and Vietnam era aircraft and collection of memorabilia and artifacts.
For more information about HFM and how you can support its mission, please visit heritageflight.org.