San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Like last year's Jamestown camping/training weekend, we're holding another camping/training weekend to prepare for the 2014 USAT Mid-Atlantic Club Championship! This will be a fun and exciting trip to check out the North East Triathlon race courses before tearing it up on August 24th!
Here are the basics:
- Sign up for the North East Triathlon - International Distance (Aug 24), which is the USAT Mid-Atlantic Club Championship. (Optional, but you'll be missing out!)
- We’re camping at Elk Neck State Park, which is just a few miles from the race start/finish at North East Community Park in North East, MD.
- Camping weekend will be Friday June 20 to Sunday June 22.
- Hotels are available nearby if camping isn't your thing. (WARNING: Not as much fun.)
- Once registered for the camping/training weekend, you'll receive a shared googledoc to coordinate carpooling, activities and other events.
More info and a basic itinerary including open water swimming, biking, running, bbq’ing, etc. can be found here.
For additional information please visit Elk Neck State Park.
From Baltimore and points South:
1. Take I-95 North to Exit 100
2. Take Exit 100 onto Rt. 272 South towards the town of North East.
3. Follow Rt. 272 South for 14 miles into Elk Neck State Park.
Park Contact Information:
ELK NECK STATE PARK
4395 TURKEY POINT ROAD
NORTH EAST MD 21901
Park Information: (410) 287-5333