San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Center for Global and Intercultural Study (CGIS) is excited to invite you to the 2014 Global Education Fair. We hope that you are able to take advantage of this opportunity to engage University of Michigan students and educate them on services and opportunities to study, engage, and volunteer abroad...and why they should go.
Whether they are looking to develop the skills they'll need to compete in a global economy, build meaningful connections with people from around the world, explore legendary cities, or cultivate their language skills, we believe this is the best time in their lives to pursue a global experience.
We would like to personally invite you to register for a table at this year's fair which takes place on Thursday, September 4, 2014 from 12pm to 4pm.
Eventbrite.com Registration Website: https://umichglobaleducationfair.eventbrite.com
- Fair Participants
- Registration is free and open to CGIS program partners and University of Michigan campus partners.
- Registration includes one 6-foot table and 2 chairs.
- Light refreshments provided for participants during the fair.
- Registration ends Friday, August 15, 2014
- Student Volunteers
- Registration is open to CGIS alumni and returning students who would like to share their experiences with other students or are available to assist with event setup and event breakdown.
- Light refreshments provided for student volunteers during the fair.
- Registration ends Friday, August 29, 2014
- Student Volunteer Orientation will take place on Tuesday, September 2 at 5pm in the CGIS Office located in Room G155 Angell Hall. It is suggested and not mandatory.
- Student Volunteer Check-in: 9:30am - 5pm
- Fair Participant Check-in & Setup: 10:30am - 11:30pm
- Fair: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Break-down and Load-out: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Visitor parking is available in a number of lots located throughout campus, some with individual meter heads and some with central pay stations. Parking fees and maximum hours of use are posted on the meters and pay machines. Please note some metered spaces are restricted for use by specific pass holders. Refer to signs posted above meters to identify these spaces.
- Michigan Union found at G7
- Closest Visitor Parking found at F7
- Maynard Street Structure, 324 Maynard Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Hotels & Lodging
These options are walking distance to Michigan Union and the CGIS office, which is on Central Campus. Rates are a bit more expensive but parking can be quite difficult otherwise.
If you are interested in staying in a hotel within walking distance to the Michigan Union on State Street, we suggest:
5-10 Minute Drive with Parking:
All three hotels are in the same area and are about a 5 to 10-minute drive to Michigan Union.
All shipping for the Global Education Fair is coordinated through The UPS Store which handles all carriers. The UPS Store charges a $25 fee per box. When shipping your materials, mark your box(es): Hold for CGIS Global Education Fair.
Complete the shipping form and fax to The UPS Store. If you have questions, please contact The UPS Store at 734-662-7777.
If you have questions regarding the Global Education Fair, please contact Daniella Borum via email at email@example.com or phone at 00 + 1 + 734-764-4311