Brought to you by DirectEmployers and
Registration, Breakfast & Networking
Welcome & Host Introduction by United
Simple, Flexible Solutions for Showcasing your Employment Brand & Engaging Job Seekers
For many years, employers have been stuck between a rock and a hard place when it came to online recruiting. Between the expensive cost to list jobs and the lack of amplified branding opportunities, employers had a limited number of solutions available to reach job seekers. With the growing relevancy and use of search engines, employers have had to readjust their strategies and focus more on cost-effective solutions, like search engine optimization (SEO) and employment branding, to engage with potential candidates. With over 613 million employment-related searches conducted on search engines each month, this vital technique can help even the most recruitment savvy employer reach a niche audience. Some employers have delved into the field of SEO head first only to find a multitude of constantly changing elements–with the only constant component being their branding–leaving them unsure of how to begin optimizing their corporate career pages. To help employers reach job seekers, DirectEmployers has developed a flexible, cost-effective solution, the .JOBS top-level domain (TLD). The technology behind the .JOBS platform offers employers a powerful approach to search, social, and mobile initiatives giving employers a truly direct connection to relevant candidates. During this session, attendees will:
- Unlock the basics of SEO and discover, step-by-step, just how simple it is to integrate SEO and employment branding into your current online recruiting strategy
- Learn how to leverage the .JOBS solution to drive job seeker traffic to their corporate career sites–cutting out the middleman, streamlining their hiring cycle and amplifying their online presence
- Gain a basic understanding of proof of concept and analytics data to justify their online recruitment strategy
- Learn how the .JOBS top-level domain can help improve the job seeker experiences by providing the information they are searching for, accompanied by your brand and open jobs
- See examples of how employers like Starbucks and REI are utilizing the .JOBS solution to reach candidates, promote their employer brand and amplify their online presence
Taking Action: Implementing New VEVRAA & Section 503 Requirements into Your Strategy
2013 marked a pivotal year in the federal contractor community as the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) published the Final Rule regarding revisions to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. As employers begin to delve into their current strategy and analyze the changes that need to be made, many are left wondering, “Where do we begin?” Join DirectEmployers VP of Compliance and Partnerships, Candee Chambers, as she discusses how these new OFCCP compliance regulations will impact your recruiting efforts, and how you can adjust your strategy to adopt and smoothly transition into the new requirements. Attendees will also leave with a tangible “Compliance Checklist” that will showcase a list of must-do action items.
Join DirectEmployers VP of Compliance and Partnerships, Candee Chambers, as she discusses:
- The new OFCCP regulations and how they impact your compliance and recruiting efforts, as well as how you can proactively modify your outreach to not only veterans, but individuals with disabilities
- Discover how fellow employers are reacting to the Final Rule, with tips on how you can adjust your strategy accordingly to support and adopt these changes
- Gain a thorough understanding of the partnerships needed to help with your outreach and recruiting practices
- A “Compliance Checklist” to be used as a tactical guide that gives you a list of must-do action items to help you adopt and transition your strategy into the new regulations
Social Media 101: Understanding Strategy & Impact
Companies not using social media could be missing out on top talent, but with a constantly changing landscape, knowing what platforms to use and how to develop a solid strategy can be overwhelming. This presentation will help attendees understand the major social media platforms, the building blocks of a solid plan, provide sample success metrics and share some real world examples and best practices from many of DirectEmployers' member companies. The session will also raise awareness around mitigating legal risks and highlight helpful resources for creating or updating social media policies.
Lunch & Networking
*Agenda subject to change
#rethinkDE. It's a simple idea. We want our Members to understand the true depth and innovation going on at our Association, while also having an easy way to join the conversation. As part of this effort, DirectEmployers will be using the #rethinkDE hashtag during all online and in-person events. Now, whether you're able to register or not, you won't miss out and can provide your insight.
Have questions about 2014 Employers Connect - Chicago, IL?
Contact DirectEmployers Association