The 2014 Build Safe | Live Safe Conference is Tuesday, April 29 – and attendees can earn up to 5 LU or LU/HSW credits!
Department experts will outline industry trends, discuss safe construction operations and highlight upcoming, key changes under the 2014 NYC Construction Codes, effective October 1. Tickets are transferrable, not refundable.
- The Year in NYC Construction Safety 1.5 LU/HSW
- Matching Existing Buildings to Earlier Codes 1 LU
- 2014 Construction Codes Overview 1.25 LU/HSW
- Elevator + Hoist Safety Under the 2014 Codes 1.25 LU/HSW
- Sidewalk Sheds, Supported Scaffolds + Fences:
HUB Self-Service + 2014 Building Code 1.25 LU/HSW
- Crane Safety 1.25 LU/HSW
- Engineering Temporary Structures + 2014 Building Code 1.25 LU
- Safe Excavations + Underpinning 1.25 LU/HSW
Subscribe to Buildings News for updated information on the 2014 Build Safe | Live Safe Conference.
When & Where
NYC Department of Buildings
The NYC Department of Buildings ensures the safe and lawful use of over 975,000 buildings and properties by enforcing the City's Building Code, Electrical Code, Zoning Resolution, New York State Labor Law and New York State Multiple Dwelling Law. Our main activities include performing plan examinations, issuing construction permits, inspecting properties, and licensing trades. We also issue Certificates of Occupancy and Place of Assembly permits. In all our activities, our focus is on safety, service and integrity.