2013 Summer Fiesta! Melrose/Fairfax Neighborhood
Saturday, July 27, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
2013 Summer Fiesta
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Fiesta sponsored by the Melrose High Hopes NCPC27x
Please join us for an afternoon of fun, food, and friendship.
There's something for everyone and it's free!
Pie and Cobbler Championship Cookoff
- Calling all cooks!
- Please submit your best pie or cobbler in our contest and win prizes, fame, and legendary status
- Register to submit your pie online
Kidz only Zone!
- Bounce houses
- Arts & Crafts
- Free throw contest
- Sidewalk chalk art
- Clowns and kid friendly performances
- Enjoy the local fare from food trucks from around the Bay area
- Sample local restaurants
- Food wagons with ice cream, popsicles, and other treats
Art and Education
- Local artisans bazaar
- Education and awareness exhibits
- Small business and enterprise booths
- Meet your City Council members
- Meet your local Police officer and take a tour of the OPD mobile command unit
- Mobile cat/kitten adoptions
Music and Entertainment
- Local DJs, MCs, Singers, and Performers
- Performance by Mariachi bands
Come enjoy an afternoon with your neighbors from Melrose High Hopes, Allendale, Maxwell Park, Jefferson, Burbank Millsbrace, International, Oakland Hills, Rainbow, and many others from around East Oakland.
When & Where
Melrose High Hopes NCPC Beat 27x
Melrose High Hopes NCPC Beat 27x is a community policing beat in the Fairfax-Melrose neighborhood. The boundaries of Beat 27X are High St. to Brookdale Ave. to 55th Ave. to Bancroft Ave. to Bancroft Way to International Blvd. (E. 14th St.) and back to High St.NCPC Beat 27X is the umbrella organization for the area Neighborhood Watch.
Goals of this beat include crime prevention and awareness and a commitment to quality of life issues including community building/ getting to know your neighbors, beautification, Horace Mann Elementary School support, Courtland Creek preservation