San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Maine Maritime Museum and Saltwater Celtic Music Festival
The Squid Jiggers
This Maine-based folk duo comprised of inveterate musician-entertainers, Dave Rowe and Troy R. Bennett took their name from the A.R. Scammell song "Squid Jigging Ground", a musical depiction of squid fishing off Newfoundland. They combine talents on guitar, bass, bodhran and tin whistles to lay down a thunderous musical base for robust vocal harmonies.
When & Where
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River