2013 Mandatory Food Safety Control Guidance for Retail Establishment
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This food safety training for retail establishments will explain the food safety management practices that retail and food service set-ups will need to follow, based on the expected updates to the 2013 FDA Food Code. Participants will also gain the skills necessary to develop and implement retail prerequisite and HACCP programmes.
Why Should You Attend:
The FDA Food Code was designed to promote the application of science- based food safety principles in retail and foodservice settings to reduce the incidence of food borne illness. Therefore, as the retail and foodservice sectors are awaiting updates on 2013 FDA Food Code (EC Regulation 852/2004), this training course has been designed to provide information to identify all steps in the activities of business critical to food safety and develop adequate procedures and control s that will ensure better compliance.
Primary responsibility for food safety lies with the food business operator. The objective of this webinar is to guide the retail sector in food safety management practices. Participants will learn skills on how to develop and implement prerequisite and HACCP programmes. The training will stress the importance of using the prerequisites to control the hazards associated with the food environment (premises, personnel, equipment etc.) while HACCP should be used to control hazards associated directly with food processes ( storage and preparation) which are critical for producing safe food.
In this 60 minute webinar, current best practice will be learnt and the participants will be encouraged to personalize it to their process and industry sector. The speaker will share the practical experiences gained while working in highly reputable retail establishments. At the end of the training session, specific questions will be handled and challenges you have/had in setting up food safety systems will be addressed.
At the end of this webinar, the speaker will handle your specific questions related to the topic.
Areas covered in this webinar:
By attending, you will learn:
- Be aware of hazards to be controlled in retail establishments and their sources.
- How to set up an effective retail prerequisite programme before implementing HACCP.
- How to conduct hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Be familiar with the structure of Hazard control plan
- Understand seven Codex principles /15 steps of HACCP
- HACCP plan development
- Implementing a HACCP plan and verify its effectiveness
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.