San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2013 Houston International Festival (iFest)
Fine Art and Fine Craft &
International Markets Application
FEATURED COUNTRY: BRAZIL
APRIL 20-21 & 27-28, 2013
Saturdays & Sundays 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Downtown Houston, Texas
ABOUT HOUSTON INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL (iFest)
- 150,000-200,000 arts and music lovers attend the festival each year.
- IFest attracts an ethnically diverse audience.
- A multi-million dollar media advertising and PR campaign includes partnerships with KHOU/CBS, Univision, Houston Chronicle, Houston Press, twelve Houston-area radio stations and a dedicated KHOU one-hour special featuring Deborah Duncan on Great Day Houston.
- Strong buyer power: 64% of festival attendees have incomes of $50,000+
- A celebration of international arts and culture with a focus in 2013 on Brazil.
- Over twelve festival acres of entertainment and interactive fun for all ages.
- A variety of musical artists from zydeco to blues, rock, and world beat on multiple stages.
- Fabulous international cuisine and local favorites.
IFest Markets Information
The Houston International Festival Fine Arts Avenue is a city-block gallery exclusively reserved for the display and sale of the works of artists from across the globe. The Fine Arts Avenue is a show-within-a-show located at the heart of the festival, providing maximum exposure to the city’s art buying crowd. The high quality Houston International Festival Markets are unsurpassed in selection, quality and authenticity. Each market area is designed around a geographical theme to offer the vendor a rich and beautiful market venue from which to sell products and to attract a large crowd.
- Many targeted markets help you attract interested buyers, including a Fine Art and Fine Craft Area.
- Markets are strategically placed near gates and headliner stages to generate traffic.
- The geographic market areas will include an African-Caribbean Market, Asian and Middle Eastern Market, Fine Art and Fine Craft Market, Latin Market, European Market, and a Local Market. The Local Market encompases previous Green Village vendors, and North American vendors.
Space Availability, Tent Requirements, and Cost:
- 10’x10’ and 10’x20’ booth spaces are available. The cost for a 10’x10’ space is $450 per weekend. The cost for a 10’x20’ space is $850 per weekend.
- Exhibitors may apply for one or both weekends.
- Spaces are assigned by the Market Director based on event needs and availability.
- Tents must be white, of professional quality, and weighted properly on all four corners.
- The Festival does not provide tents, tables, chairs or any kind of set-up equipment. A Booth Rental Package including tent, 2 chairs and one table can be provided via approved festival vendor only. Payment of $175 for one weekend, or $325 for both weekend must be made when making booth fee payment.
- Electricity is provided at an additional cost of $35 per festival weekend. Base electrical fees must be paid with the Booth Payment after acceptance.
- Event Hours: Saturdays & Sundays – 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- All exhibitors must stay open until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Set up on Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (On Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 a.m. all exhibitor vehicles must be removed from the site.)
- Tent and display may remain up Friday and Saturday nights. Tear-down begins at the close of the Festival on Sunday. Vehicles enter the site once crowds are cleared.
EXHIBITOR RULES and INFORMATION:
Fine Art and Fine Craft Artists:
- Types of media may include, but are not limited to: painting, graphics, pastels, photography, wood, fiber, clay, metal, glass, leather, paper, works of mixed media, 2-D and 3-D and any combination of these materials.
- Exhibits must be original, one-of-a-kind, handmade works of the applicant. Or, if the work is an edition, one of a series, or in multiples, each item must be signed and numbered in a limited edition by the artist. Ceramic works must be handmade by the artist.
International Market Exhibitors:
- Sale of reproductions of copyrighted designer items is strictly prohibited!
- No amplified music is allowed.
- Texas Sales Tax Info Line: 1-800-252-5555. The tax rate is 8.25%
- Booth sitting/artist relief will be provided during festival hours.
- Signage for each Exhibitor will be provided.
- The Houston International Festival does not provide scholarships for travel or accommodations.
- International Artists and Exhibitors that require acceptance letters to support visa applications should apply early to allow time for judging and visa processing. (HIF does not sponsor visas; it only provides letters to support the reason for travel.)
- Application Fee $40 (non-refundable - acceptance pending by Festival Market Manager)
- Signed & completed application (Click “Order Now” above to complete application)
- 4 .jpg photo images or photos of artwork or products
- 1 .jpg photo image or photo of booth display
- Email all images to email@example.com
Deadlines and Release:
Fine Art & Fine Craft and International Markets Applicants who apply before February 1, 2013 will be notified after February 15, 20013.
Applicants who apply before March 1, 2013 will be notified after March 15, 2013.
Final Applicants who apply by April 1, 2013 will be notified by April 6, 2013.
Final Deadline to submit booth application, April 15, 2013
Any applications that are missing images or are incomplete in any way will not be considered for acceptance until they are complete. Incomplete applications will be held for the next judging period and the Market Manager will contact all applicants about their status. Spaces are limited in each Market Area and some applicants may be waitlisted pending their final acceptance.
REFUNDS: Application Fees are non-refundable. After acceptance and booth fee payment, iFest will refund 50% of all booth fees until March 15, 2013. After that date no refunds will be made.
RELEASE: Applicant’s signature on this application releases and forever discharges the Houston Festival Foundation, Inc., the Houston International Festival, The City of Houston and Harris County, all sponsoring organizations and their elected officials, directors, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, or claims of loss or damage arising out of or in conjunction with participation in the Houston International Festival.
The Houston International Festival is not responsible for any injury sustained by exhibitors, patrons or guests. Applicant stores and exhibits applicant’s artworks at applicant’s risk. ARTISTIC CONTROL: By signing this application, applicant agrees that images submitted for review are representative of work to be exhibited and recognizes that the Houston International Festival retains the right, at its sole discretion, to advise applicant of any work that does not meet the standards of the Festival.
Applicant further agrees to immediately remove any such work from applicant’s exhibit. Failure to do so may result in applicant’s removal from the Houston International Festival and may result in applicant being prohibited from future participation. Director of Markets has discretionary right to change placement of artist/vendor. Signature of this application means agreement to comply and acknowledge all regulations stated on the application and its pamphlet.