San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1st Annual Etown Wine Walk. Wine Sponsored by the Vineyard At Grandview. All proceeds benefit MSIB (Market Street! Improving Business) (Facebook) which is a non-profit organization specifically focused on the revitalization and beautification of Elizabethtown's main street and square. MSIB also organizes the Etown Christmas Parade, Let E-town Ring (New Years Celebration), Etown 2nd Fridays (www.facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays), and Beans & Brew (Homebrew and Chili contest).
Purchase tickets at: http://etownwinewalk.eventbrite.com/
The Wine Walk is a progressive 6 course meal and wine pairing as you walk through the shopping district. There will be 6 different locations; 5 with a different course and wine plus 1 Intermezzo course:
5:30 to 6:45 ~ Salad - Epic Photography (336 S Market St)
- Yummy Salad - pistachios, cranberries, sprout, cucumbers with a balsamic vinaigrette
- Wine Pairing TBD
5:45 to 7:00 ~ Assorted Cheese and Breads - Lynden Gallery (117 South Market St)
- Crostini, Goat cheese and tapenade
- Cheddar and Saint Andre cheeses
- Fruit and nuts
- Wine Pairing TBD
6:00 to 7:15 ~ Appetizer - Rooster Street Provisions (17 West High St)
- Smoked Pork Rillette with Apricot Mostarda
- Wine Pairing TBD
6:15 to 8:15 ~ Entree - Lucky Ducks Bar and Grill (45 North Market St)
- Truffled Crab Macaroni and Cheese
- Carrot and Pea vegetable medley
- Wine Pairing TBD
7:00 to 8:15 ~ Intermezzo - Pages Bookstore (3 North Market St., Suite 101)
- Fresh fruit Kabob
- No Wine Pairing
7:00 to 9:00 ~ Dessert - Folklore Coffee Company (1 North Market)
- Apple Streusel
- Wine Pairing TBD
***All participants must follow the course and each venue/course will only be open for a specific amount of time, thus, persuasively guiding you on a tour of our main street.
The wines will be provided by Vineyards at Grandview. The cost is $35 per person if ordered by September 10th, 2013 and $45 after that or at the door. Your ticket includes the 5 courses, 5 wine tastings, a wine glass, and wine bag. Don't worry about the weather, each location has indoor facilities available.
This is also the infamous Etown 2nd Friday for September. That means there will be live music and local shops with have various discounts, sales, promotions, specials, and kids activities. There will also be a special showing of the Lip Dub at 7:30 on the Stages On Market. This video was put together by hundreds of Etown's Jr. High and High School students and staff. It focuses on bullying and accepting people's differences.
For more information you can follow this event on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Etown2ndFridays or email Etown2ndFridays@gmail.com.
When & Where
MSIB (Market Street! Improving Business)
MSIB (Market Street! Improving Business) is an All Volunteer 501(c)(6) non-profit Economic Revitalization, Economic Development, Marketing, and Community Improvement Organization.
To provide non-profit business support, marketing strategies and plans, organizational structure, beautification funding, community and economic education, positively contributing to the sustainability of Elizabethtown's Downtown business community as well as the general safety of our town.
An Economic Develpoment/Revitilization, Marketing, and Community Improvement organization distributing all their proceeds directly back into the Elizabethtown Community. Founded, organized, comprised of, and built by Elizabethtown small business owners whom all but one live in Elizabethtown as well.
MSIB was founded in 2011
Our Current Officers:
President - Andrew Schoenberger - Epic Photography
Vice President - Brad Alexander - Pita Pit
Treasurer - Amy Kreamer - Lucky Ducks Bar and Grille
Secretary - Seat Available
Marketing - Mark Scheetz - Punchfarm Productions
Built with a strong belief that the spirit and heart of Elizabethtown starts with a strong downtown district and sustainable private business owners. We plan on working along side the Elizabethtown Borough, the Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, EASD, GEARS and many other organizations to ensure our town remains safe, fun, and inviting with a strong economical base. We want to be an open forum for the residents and business owners, as well be their voice when working toward a better future for Elizabethtown.
- Improvement of the residents relationship with the local businesses for the economic well being of the Elizabethtown Downtown District and the Elizabethtown Borough.
- To provide marketing strategies, demographics and vital local information to new, potential and current businesses in Elizabethtown’s Downtown District and beyond to ensure their recruitment and sustainability.
- To educate, assist and develop current and future activities that specifically help to connect the residents of Elizabethtown with their community and local business owners. We intend to provide volunteer assistance and work hand-in-hand with local groups such as: Elizabethtown Chamber of Commerce, Elizabethtown Borough, Elizabethtown Rotary Club, Elizabethtown VFW, Elizabethtown Fair Committee and Elizabethtown Area School District for activities including but not limited to parades, fairs, school clubs and projects and Holiday Functions.
- To raise awareness and donations to help improve the beauty and safety of Elizabethtown’s Downtown District and beyond (new signs, clean streets, renovating storefronts, safe walking paths). As well, to provide financial assistance to market Elizabethtown to tourists, travelers and nearby towns, families, and residents.
- To inform and educate Elizabethtown residents on the importance of supporting local businesses and buying local products.
- The organization is exclusively for one or more of the purposes as specified in Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986and shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by an organization exempt from Federal Income Tax under IRS(c)(6) or corresponding provisions of any subsequent law.
Current Projects and Events:
- Resolution Revolution - Etown New Year's Eve celebration. From 7pm - Midnight. Dove Promise Bar Drop, Fireworks, kid's activity, photobooth, live music, food vendors and much, much, MORE!!!
- Ribs and Riffs - An annual FREE Music Festival held every 2nd Sunday in July. Featuring slow-cooked ribs, Rita's Italian Ice, and live Original Music bands from all genres.
- Etown Art Walk - Every August 2nd Friday and Saturday annually. Over 30 Artists and over 15 live musicians in different businesses throughout the town to make your stroll through historic Elizabethtown, PA that much better.
- Etown 2ND Fridays - The 2nd Friday of every months all year round in which 40+ businesses and organizations come together on one night to offer sales, discounts, specials, live music, art openings, kids activities, and more
- Etown Wine Walk - Every 2nd Friday in September, a progressive dinner and wine tasting as you stroll through historic Elizabethtown.
- Beans and Brews - Every 2nd Friday in April, a homemade chilli and BJCP sanctioned Homebrew contest.
- Halloween Costume Contest
- Spring Sidewalk Sale - Coming May 2015
- Jewel Jam - A jewelry jamboree every 2nd Friday in December. Local handcrafted jewelry as well as professional unique, ornate, jewelers.
- Chocolate Walk - Coming February 2016
- Mug Run - Coming June 2016
- Golden Broom - a seasonal award given to the cleanest storefront in the CBD
- Town Map - A detailed retail map of Etown's business district.