Employment Outreach Event
COMPLETED January 19, 2013 10:00 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
Presentations are available online at SlideShare.net (tag = pcceoe)
An all welcome, all community, all about getting employed free conference sponsored by Princeton Community Church.
Featuring keynote speech "Laser Focus: How to Keep It and Stay Motivated During Your Job Search" by Marianne Grady and additional career-building, skills-training, and getting-employed conference presentation topics that include:
- Panel Discussion: Should I just start my own business? Panel moderator Ted Klett. Panelists include Jim Golis, Brian Hansen, Allen Silk, Jim Vincent
- Focus and the Job Search: Planning, Preparation, and Follow up by Clare Hart
- LinkedIn Training: Improve your profile on the world’s largest business network by Barrie Byron
- I am not your friend: interviewing communication skills from HR perspective by Marianne Grady
- New Job Market by Ed Andriessen
- Removing the "You are Overqualified" Barrier by Michelle Lewis
- Going Up: Mastering the Elevator Speech (Introduce yourself and your skills in 3 minutes or less) by Thaine Shetter
Conference, delicious lunch with scrumptious dessert, and networking are provided by Princeton Community Church to registered participants.
- 9:30 a.m. Registration opens: networking, coffee, refreshments
- 10:00 a.m. Opening session and keynote speech
- 11:00 a.m. Conference sessions
- 11:45 a.m. Networking lunch, catered by Hopewell Bistro
- 12:30 p.m. Conference sessions
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. Closing session
- All day: support, advice, community, skills building
RSVP by January 17 to secure your seat. If you register, please attend! If your situation changes and you are unable to attend, please change your RSVP so that we can open your slot for another participant since we have limited capacity.
Questions? Contact our Employment Outreach Event volunteer leaders by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Barrie at 561.702.5044.
Directions to PCC: I-95 to Exit 4 Pennington and head towards Pennington. Take first right onto Brandon Road W., and then turn right into our parking lot.
When & Where
Princeton Community Church
Princeton Community Church (PCC) is hosting this all-community, all-welcome, all-about reducing stress and having fun event for the benefit of our entire NJ and PA community. Warm thanks to our enduring PCC community outreach support.
PCC hosts an employment support group meeting on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month in the PCC Cafe from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. For information about our PCC employment support group, please contact Marty Brophy 609-273-6501 or Jim Golis 609-947-9937.
Church services are 10:00 a.m. each Sunday. You are welcome to join us any Sunday.