2013 Baton Rouge Parents Magazine -- The Cover Kid Event
Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM (CDT)
Baton Rouge, LA
Every summer, Baton Rouge Parents Magazine looks for 50 area children who have what it takes to be a "Cover Kid" for the upcoming year. The CoverKid Event will once again be host to Birthday Bash as we celebrate. It's a big event, and this years' will be the best ever.
So what is The Cover Kid Event?
The Cover Kid Event is the annual extravaganza where children from the community who, for the next twelve months, will either appear on the cover and/or within the pages of Baton Rouge Parents Magazine or Special Parents Magazine are chosen. It is not a beauty contest, a talent show or a model casting. We believe that Cover Kids come in all shapes, sizes ethnicities and abilities. Children with specials needs are encouraged to participate and accommodations will be in place.
What should my child wear to the Cover Kid Event?
Whatever they want! They don't have to dress up in any special attire, and it is best for children to wear clothing they feel comfortable in. Cover Kids are chosen based on a variey of factors, and what we are really looking for are everyday kids who have that special sparkle.
What kind of child is a Cover Kid?
Any child between the ages of 18 months and 17 years can be a Cover Kid-Perfection isn't necessary! We particulary want to encourage children with special needs to participate - all too often, these amazing children are left in the background. We believe it is time to bring them to the forefront and let them share in the limelight.
What do Cover Kids do?
Cover Kids do not appear on the cover of the magazine. They will be featured in advertsiments, special promotions, fashion layouts and photos for stories with in the magazine.
Do you have any tips for my child?
Yes-allow your children to be themselves!
All children regardless of shape, size or disability between the ages of 18 months and 17 years are eligible.
Chance to appear on cover or in editorial layouts in award winning Baton Rouge Parents Magazine.
How to Enter
PRE-REGISTRATION IS STRONLY ENCOURAGED. NO PHONE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED. A separate form is required for each child. No refunds. Walk in registration begins at 9:15 a.m. day of event. There are a limited number of time slots available for walk-ins. First come, first served.
1. Register online at www.brparents.com or send in accompanying form via fax or email.Payment must be submitted with form. All pre-registrations will receive an E-Mail with assigned audition time and ID number on the label. KEEP THIS E-MAIL
2. Present your E-Mail at pre-registration table 15–20 minutes prior to your assigned time.
3. The day of the event, times will be announced every 15 minutes. When your child’s time is called, proceed to the stage. Your child will walk across the stage and be briefly interviewed. NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON STAGE. A staff member of BRPM will take your child on stage. Approximately 15–20 other children assigned to the same time.
4. Each child will recieve a card on stage indicating if they are to return that afternoon for final call. Approximately 150 children will be given a call back card. Call backs will take about an hour.
5. At the final call, 40–45 children will be announced as the 2013–2014 Cover Kids. Paperwork and pictures of the finalists will be completed at that time.
When & Where
Baton Rouge Parents Magazine
Family Resource Group Inc, is the parent company for Baton Rouge Parents Magazine , Expecting Baton Rouge Baby, Baton Rouge Grand, Special Parents and our newest member for the Northshore area, Northshore Parents. Louisiana's state capital is home to more than 96,000 families and is listed as one of the top 10 cities in the south with dual-income families with children. Of these households, seventy percent are home to children who's parents are dual-earners with busy schedules and lives. That is where we come in. To help them find information about the products and services they need for their families.
Ask anyone why they like the Baton Rouge area and one comment among the various responses will be, "Baton Rouge is a great place to raise a family." Parents here know they can rely on a wide selections of safe neighborhoods, award-winning parks system, superb health care and numerous youth sports programs.
It is no secret that families with children need more of everything...more clothing, more health care services, more food and more entertainment. The goal of any business is to find and influence the primary decision makers for purchases. Parents are willing and able to buy your products and services. That's why businesses target parents and families-and receive the highest return on their investment and the most effective way to reach parents in the Baton Rouge area.
Our publications cover multiple parishes with Special Parents offering state-wide distribution locations. We are your best choice for the family market.