San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
When: July 18-20, 2013 in Washington, DC
What: An annual gathering of Entrepreneurs, Mentors, and Funders who are working to make the world a better place through business.
The gathering will include:
* Presentations by the top teams in the William James Foundation's Sustainable Business Plan Competitions. These will include:
- Venture Phase Category: Access Afya, Morale Fashion Group, Wecyclers.
- Idea Phase Category: Colectivo 1050, First Access, MoWoza.
- Affinity Lab Washington, DC Prize: BlocPower, Clovest, Triea Systems
* The William James Foundation's "Green Grab" investment event -- companies pitching for real funding from real investors in front of an audience. Companies presenting include Sun Edge Solar, Juabar, & Green Bean Recyclers.
* Conversations with Seth Goldman (Honest Tea) and Jigar Shah (Sun Edison and Carbon War Room), world-renowned leaders in the impact economy.
* Short presentations from impact entrepreneurs from all over the world
* Practitioner meetups in "Clean / Renewable / Distributed Power" and "Working with and for the base of the pyramid" for impact entrepreneurs in similar fields to network with each other and share best practices.
* Industry-building conversations for the Impact Accelerator Network
Everyone who purchases a ticket will be mailed copies of Jigar Shah's new book "Creating Climate Wealth: Unlocking the Impact Economy" and Seth Goldman's book "Mission in a Bottle: The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently--and Succeeding" when they come out in September 2013.
Agenda and more details at: williamjamesfoundation.org/2013gathering
NOTE: If you are or have been an entrant, mentor, judge, or sponsor for the William James Foundation, there are significant discounts available on the conference fees. Please contact our executive director via firstname.lastname@example.org for details.