2012 NBPRS Conference & Career Fair
Washington, D.C. will host the 2012 NBPRS Conference and Career Fair at Howard University, Thursday, October 25 – Sunday, October 28, 2012. The conference will provide three inspiring days of networking, training and honoring those who have paved the way for African Americans in the PR field.
NBPRS is partnering with Howard University and will kick of the conference with workshops and a job and internship fair for students at the 2012 Howard University School of Communications Job and Internship Fair on Thursday, October 25th. The professional sessions will then begin on Friday, October 26th and continue through Sunday, October 28th at the Dupont Circle Hotel.
Register now! Early bird registration is $199 for members through Oct. 15. Additionally, as part of the NBPRS Membership Drive, through Oct. 15, conference registrants can receive a free NBPRS membership for one year for a special rate of $249.
Themed The Network@Work: Facing Challenges, Taking Charge & Changing the Game, the conference will offer solutions for the practice of public relations with a focus on effectively managing change and transitions against the backdrop of today’s economic turbulence.
Participants will learn:
• How the convergence of public relations, marketing, and diversity can create cutting edge communications and social media strategy that give them a seat at the table and their businesses a competitive edge
• How to initiate and influence the global conversation about their corporate and personal brands, connecting them both to causes around the world and to other cultures in meaningful ways
• How to evaluate their skills and experiences and turn them into a plan to start or grow their own public relations business
• The regulatory environment that governs PR strategy and provides for effective executive counsel and issues/crisis management
• Case studies about companies that have tapped into the explosion of mobile technology and how PR drives their strategy, execution and measurement of results
• Best practices on using new technology to listen to what employees, their teams and their target markets are saying about their brand
Public relations professionals at all levels, journalists, marketers, recruiters and college students will make their way to Washington, D.C. for powerful workshops, insightful general sessions and networking events that are designed to enhance their professional development. Attendees will hear from renowned experts in the field, attend workshops, network for career and business opportunities and visit with various vendors and exhibitors.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, please visit http://www.nbprs.org
When & Where
National Black Public Relations Society, Inc.
Since its founding in 1998, the National Black Public Relations Society (NBPRS) has served as an advocate for black professionals in the public relations, media relations, corporate communications, investor relations, government affairs, community relations and related fields. Run by professionals for professionals, NBPRS addresses the diverse needs of its members through programs and partnerships that provide cultural and competitive advantages. NBPRS has chapters in the major media markets and offers peer-to-peer support, mentorship, networking, job opportunities, internships, and career advancement strategies for professionals engaged in corporate, government, agency, non-profit, and private practice. The organization is more than 300 members strong.