2012 Marietta Zombie Walk
Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (EDT)
What is a Zombie Walk?
A zombie walk (also known as a zombie mob, zombie march, zombie horde, zombie lurch, zombie shamble, zombie shuffle or zombie crawl) is an organized public gathering of people who dress up in zombie costumes. Usually taking place in an urban center, the participants make their way around the city streets and through shopping malls to a public space (or a series of taverns in the case of a zombie pub crawl) in a somewhat orderly fashion.
Think of this as performance art...undead performance art that is...
- Brains, of course.
- Zombie walks are a lot of fun for the living and undead
- Help out local living with food pantry donations (it's not like zombies need canned goods)
- Promote local zombie-friendly business
- Promote harmony with zombies and the victims living
View Directions to E Park Square in a larger map
- We will have makeup artist available (still working out details) that can help you with your look but you are encouraged to come ready for brains since there may be a line. Please make a monetary donation to MUST Ministries for the makeup (and if you like, you can always tip the artist to help cover cost of supplies and such). Will update as we get closer but will probably be there from 2pm until 5pm.
- more to come
- We're starting to work with local business owners for some "killer deals". If you're a local business that wants to attract an undead customer-base, drop us a line.
- more to come
The organizers of the Marietta Zombie Walk will not be held responsible for the actions of the event participants. By attending this event you agree to follow these rules. Your cooperation will ensure that this event continues for years to come.
1) DO NOT touch anyone/anything (especially storefront windows) that is not playing. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Even though you and I may love this kind of thing there may be others who do not, respect their space and they will respect our zombie rights. Yes, this means dripping.splattering blood too. keep it to yourself.
2) DO NOT attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant.
If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. There are plenty of other brains out there...
3) No walking out into the street or traffic...stay on the sidewalks, zombies!
Again a great way to get hurt or arrested, not to mention possibly causing an accident. The undead can still bruise rather well. Marietta zombies use crosswalks and obey the walk/don’t walk signs. it’s okay to break character to cross safely. Just use what little bit of brains you have left in your head people.
4) Any weaponry should be easily discernible as fake
Keep bright obnoxious orange caps on the end of toys guns.
NO REPLICA WEAPONS, the word replica implies “like the real thing”.
NO PAINTBALL OR AIRSOFT GUNS. Not only are they dangerous, they are illegal to use in public areas. These are projectile weapons capable of inflicting serious injury. DO NOT BRING THEM. Police officers will be present. You have been warned.
5) As fun as it would be, no part of your costume should squirt or project any liquid or objects
6) No profanities...This a an Undead Kid Friendly event
We will most likely walk by many innocent children during the walk, no need to warp their minds any further than seeing the walking dead already will. As well there will be plenty of young undeads in the horde. Set a good zombie example.
8) Walk like a zombie
This is not a speed-walking event, zombies lurch, crawl, limp, slither, etc.
Think more Romero zombie, not “run” zombie except for avoiding traffic. see #3.
9 ) Stay in character
We know everyone is excited about this, but zombies do not truly have the motor or cognitive abilities to operate a camera or cell phone. We have plenty of people who will be documenting the event, so please try to refrain from taking pictures during the actual walk. There will be time before the walk to take photos and/or vids. also, zombies don’t have conversations or text their friends. They’re dead, smartphones are of no use to them.
10) Stay on public property
DO NOT go into stores or other private properties. stick to the sidewalk. We will have a list of zombie-friendly business's for your zombie activities after the walk.
11) Be creative
Yes, we love gory zombies but we also love funny themed zombies. Get creative and come up with a unique theme for your undead.
12) Have fun
Come up with a theme and stay in character as much as possible. it’s a celebration of a great time of year, moan like you mean it!