The annual Greenville Ave. St. Patrick’s Day Parade is one of the largest St. Patrick’s Day parades in the country (~100K people, 100+ floats). This iconic Dallas event creates lots of recyclable waste AND opportunity for fun!
This will be our 5th year (!!) to help make St Patrick's Day in Dallas even greener! We've collected over one ton of materials in that time and are seeking volunteers to join the 2012 Parade Recycling Team to help divert as many recyclables as possible from the landfill!
Volunteers can collect recycling from parade viewers, stroll along with our entry to promote conservation and witness the excitement of the parade from inside the barricades. Volunteers will receive nifty green t-shirts, day of event sponsor gifts (drink vouchers, working on concert tix, etc.) and a memory of a lifetime.
Day-of-event details are available in the PDF attached to the Eventbrite confirmation email.
- Date: Saturday - March 17th, 2012!
- Approx. Volunteer Time: 9:30a-1:30p (4 hrs)
- You must RSVP (select the Volunteer ticket option) to receive a parade access badge. Meet in old Sam’s Club parking lot no later than 10a (in front of Vickery Health Center storefront in strip shopping mall - 8224 Park Ln #130, 75231). Look for City of Dallas LARGE Sanitation Truck and our Team in dark green t-shirts. Police begin closing surrounding roads by 9:30a, so please allow ample travel time.
- Use DART to avoid parking hassles (Saturday schedule) – NO parking in old Sam’s Club lot.
- Past Parade Recycling Efforts: Photos or Detailed Info (which is similar to this year)
- What to do between now and then? RSVP to Volunteer on Eventbrite! Share with your friends and social network so they may join us in the parade!
All are welcome to participate. Questions: Email
Old Sam's Club Parking Lot/Vickery Health Center
8224 Park Ln
Dallas Sierra Club - Young Professionals
Our mission is to connect, inform and involve environmentally-minded, DFW young professionals with opportunities that explore, enjoy and protect our planet.