2012 Alt. Ride!
Saturday, June 16, 2012 from 4:00 AM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
*We are sold out!*
Alt. is a totally unique Bay Area event.
On June 16, 2012, one of the longest Saturdays of the year, riders will ride up
using Caltrain, Golden Gate Ferry, and BART to get between the three peaks. It's 128 miles and 12,000+ in elevation gain. The ride starts Friday, June 15 at 5:00pm at the San Jose Caltrain Station. Riders camp out at Joseph Grant Campground and wake up at 4:00am to start riding at 4:30am. The ride concludes at the Pleasant Hill BART station at about 9:00pm.
Space is limited! The Hamilton-Tam-Diablo ride is limited because of the complicated logistics and tight timelines.
Training rides give you a chance to stretch your legs, build those muscles, get to know the routes, get to know Transit and Trails, and have some fun. Training rides are free!
Your registration fee for the June 16 ride goes to:
- Trip Leaders (who will lead the ride, carry first-aid kits, be available for questions)
- Bike stations and check points (flat repair, tubes, bike adjustments, and lots of moral support)
- Food and water (energy bars, snacks, and water refills)
- Camping fees (for those doing Hamilton-Tam-Diablo)
- Support for Transit & Trails which helps Bay Area residents find, plan and share outdoor adventures
More information about the ride and a pre-ride meeting will be shared with registered riders.
The Alt. Ride is coordinated by:
Thanks to our sponsors and partners!
Questions? Contact Annie Burke at 510 809 8009 ext 252 or annie at openspacecouncil dot org.
When & Where
Bay Area Open Space Council
The Bay Area Open Space Council is a collaborative of member organizations actively involved in permanently protecting and stewarding important parks, trails and agricultural lands in the ten-county San Francisco Bay Area.