Hillsborough 4-H Gives Back: U-pick
- Charity & Causes
- Fancy Farms, Plant City FL
Who Needs GI-BMP Certification
Anyone who applies fertilizer commercially.
Hillsborough County adopted a Fertilizer Ordinance that requires all commercial fertilizer applicators to receive training and certification in GI-BMPs by July 1, 2011.
FL Senate Bill 494 requires all commercial fertilizer applicators to have a Limited Urban Commercial Fertilizer Applicator Certificate by January 1, 2014.
What are GI-BMPs
· GI-BMP is an acronym for Green Industries Best Management Practices for the Preservation of Water Resources.
· The GI-BMPs teach environmentally safe landscaping practices that help conserve and protect Florida’s ground and surface waters.
· The training is designed to provide corporate, governmental, environmental, and other personnel the Best Management Practices education for lawn and landscape and provide the GI-BMP certificate required to obtain the state Limited Urban Commercial Fertilizer Applicator Certificate.
· GI-BMPs promoting sustainable horticulture and environmental stewardship.
· Adopting the GI-BMPs can save Floridians money, time, and effort while increasing the beauty of landscapes and protecting the health of our residents, pets and the environment.
· Developed by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and endorsed by the pest control industry, this training is brought to you by UF-IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscaping program.
Who Should Attend
· Anyone who applies fertilizer commercially
· Lawn care, pest control & landscape industry professionals
· Municipal park, recreation, & government agency employees
· Commercial property managers & employees
· City & County environmental department of water employees
· Landscape designers & architects
· Anyone working in the area of water quality, urban development, or environmental issues
The mission of the Hillsborough Extension Office is to respond to local issues and needs through customized education and training in agriculture, horticulture, 4-H/youth development, and family and consumer sciences.
Your Hillsborough County Extension agents offer educational services through a three-way cooperative arrangement between the Board of County Commissioners, the University of Florida, and the United States Department of Agriculture. Your local extension agents are off-campus faculty members of the University of Florida. They are trained professionals who are here to serve you.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.