2009 Leather Summit
Thursday, December 31, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (HKT)
Wednesday December 9, 2009
8 am – 3 pm
We would like to invite you to attend a Nike sponsored Leather Summit this December 9 in Dongguan, China.
The purpose of the summit is to train factory partners and leather suppliers on the critical steps of leather preparation so that they can more reliably deliver product meeting Restricted Substance List (RSL) requirements. BLC (BLC Leather Technology Centre Ltd) will deliver the majority of the day's training.
- Understanding Restricted Substances - Risk in Leather (RSL, REACH)
- Understanding Leather - Overview of leather making and finishing processes
- How Safe is My Leather? - Understanding and preventing RSL and other failures for leather
- Product Failures - Caused by Heat and Humidity
- Case Study(s) – RSL issues and product failure/root causes and best practices
Please find the attached registration link for more information & event details. Each attendee must register to attend -- including internal, affiliates, licensees, vendors & guests (please limit this to 2 representatives per factory partner or leather supplier – one from the company’s sr. management, and one RSL manager). Registration will be closed on 11/17/2009.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Andy.chen@Nike.com, or Scott.Echols@Nike.com, or Samantha.Shintay@nike.com, or Kathy.Koontz@nike.com