2 Day Workshop by Mike Rasmussen - Regulatory Change and Effective Policy Management
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Friday, April 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
New York, NY
This is a two day workshop led by Michael Rasmussen, an internationally recognized pundit on governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC). The first day will cover how to create a regulatory intelligence strategy and process that monitors regulatory changes, and the second day of the conference will help attendees understand how to implement and effectively manage policies of an organization.
Day 1 – Regulatory Change Management:
The organization needs a defined regulatory change management process to assimilate the intake of relevant information, track accountability on who needs to perform what actions, model the potential impact on the organization, establish priorities, and determine if the organizations policies, procedures, and controls need to be adjusted to address the change.
This workshop enables the attendee to build a regulatory intelligence strategy and process that monitors regulatory change, measures impact on the business, while implementing appropriate policy, training, and control updates.
- Develop a regulatory taxonomy/framework indexed to your organizations enterprise risk taxonomy
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the regulatory change management process
- Conduct a business impact analysis to understand regulatory change impact on your business
- Map regulations to policies so that you know what policies to review when regulations change
- Revise communication and training programs to keep them current with regulatory change
- Monitor and audit action plans to ensure that changes to regulations are driven into the controls of the business
Day 2 - Effective Policy Management:
This workshop provides a collaborative learning environment in which the attendees will be guided through lectures and discussions to learn how to implement an effective policy management process within their organizations.
- Defining a process lifecycle for managing policies
- Establishing policy ownership and accountability
- Providing consistency in policies through consistent style and language
- Communicating policies across extended business relationships
- Tracking policies attestation and delivering effective training
- Monitoring metrics to establish effectiveness and/or issues with policies
- Relating policy management to risk, issue/case, and other GRC areas
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.