Ultimate Barista Training - 2 days - Advanced Level
- Introduction to the World of Coffee & Espresso:
- History of Coffee, Origins, Processing
- Machines, Grinders and Small Wares You’ll Need & Use
- Bar Layout & Etiquette
- Pulling the Perfect Shot: Demo and Hands On
- Steaming and Frothing For Perfection: Demo and Hands On
- Pouring, Steaming and Frothing for a Latte, Cappuccino, Macchiato and Everything In Between
- Drink Building & Flavors
- Non-coffee and blender beverages: Italian sodas, chai, frappes, teas
- Alternate Coffee Brewing Methods, Techniques and Equipment
- Demonstration of Chemex, Siphon, Hario, Melita, Clever, Aeropress, French press and cold brew
- Developing a palate
- Proper coffee grind for each method
- Water to coffee ratio
- Specific brewing method for a specific coffee
- Operation of coffee equipment
- Equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Coffee storage and freshness
- Iced Coffee Brewing & Serving Techniques
- Consistency and It’s Importance, Customer Service, Continuous Training
- Equipment Maintenance and Cleaning
- Roll Playing
- Q& A
Classes are limited to 8 students so there is a good student-instructor ratio. This training workshop will give you the basics for working in a coffee shop or espresso bar as well as advanced skills including lots of hands-on time at the espresso bar and machine and working with alternate brewing methods. A few steps above our Professional Barista class, this 2 day 'Ultimate Barista Training Workshop' is essential for all owners of a coffee shop business or anyone wanting to work as a professional barista. Whether you are just getting into the industry or are needing to become more hands-on in your own shop, this workshop is for you. With my experience and our interaction, you will leave my workshop and possess the skills you will need to work as a professional barista.
My prices are the some of the lowest in the industry because I do not believe that learning should be so expensive. I am Tony DiCorpo and I am the owner and instructor. I have been a coffee shop owner, operator and barista and am now a roaster, espresso caterer, barista trainer and coffee consultant. I have been in the industry for nearly 10 years.
Please call me (Tony) at (216) 370-3262 or email tony at northcoastbaristaschool.com if you have any questions.
Troubadour Coffee Roasters
My name is Tony DiCorpo. My company is Troubadour Coffee Roasters in Fairview Park, Ohio. I am a coffee bar owner, operator, barista, roaster and coffee consultant and in the coffee industry for 12 years.
Please call me at (216) 370-3262 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
I can help you learn about coffee, the coffee business, teach you about opening a coffee shop and help you learn valuable tools to become a barista.
We have been featured in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cleveland Magazine and on Fox 8's "New Day Cleveland" with David Moss. We also offer industry advice for articles in Specialty Coffee Retailer, Fresh Cup and other publications from time to time.