Scrum is an agile framework for completing complex projects. Although originally formalized for software development projects, the framework works well for any complex, innovative scope of work. This two-day CSM course and the corresponding quiz designates you as a Certified Scrum Master, which indicates that you have been introduced to the basic concepts you need to perform as a Scrum Master or team member on a Scrum team. You will also receive a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where valuable materials and information are available exclusively to members.
This course is taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) with decades of real-world industry experience rolling out Scrum at companies ranging from small business to the Fortune 100. As a CST, this course meets the requirements of the Scrum Alliance for students to take the CSM exam. Exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, case studies, tools, templates and more are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught in a comprehensive fashion interactively tailored to each class’s particular needs.
During the course you will learn:
- Essential concepts and tools of Scrum
- Differences between agile processes and traditional “waterfall" methodologies
- How to lead development teams towards agile operations by managing product backlogs, planning releases and sprints
- How to track and report progress, and conduct retrospectives
- How to build a roadmap for adopting Agile at your organization
The course provides the following:
- Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- 16 PDUs for continuing certification and/or 16 education hours for PMI-ACP® certification
- Light continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack, coffee, water and other refreshments
Seats are filling up quickly, so reserve yours now. We look forward to seeing you at the course!
Ask about military and out of work discounts. Discounted seats are limited.