This two-day intensive course provides hands-on technical training for OpenStack™ Compute aimed at system administrators and IT professionals looking to get started on an OpenStack Cloud deployment. Each of the two days will consist of lecture, demos and group exercises.
Day 1 covers essentials of OpenStack Compute, from architecture to deployment and troubleshooting. Day 2 picks up where this left off, covering usage patterns and production operations, essential use cases for OpenStack Object Storage and advanced topics in virtualization and software defined networking.
The course is limited to 10 students for the 2-day class. There will be at least 2 instructors present to lead the course; one instructor leading the course with the secondary instructor available to offer individual help. All course materials will be provided by Mirantis, including access to shared compute resources for labs. Students may bring their own laptops, but are not required to use them for the class. A light breakfast and lunch will be available to all course participants.
- Comfortable with Linux CLI
- Good understanding of virtualization & hypervisors
- Some experience with Linux networking
By the end of this course, class participants will have learned:
1: OpenStack Overview & Architecture
- Project goals and use cases
- Ecosystem & History
- Functional Overview of Key components
- Architecture: logical architecture, components, topology, request flows
- Basic operating and deployment principles
2: Cloud Usage Patterns
- OpenStack codebase overview
- Operating from Web UI and CLI
- Administration overview
- How to create networks, tenants, roles
- Using the Nexenta Volume Driver
- Troubleshooting service failures
- Troubleshooting networking issues
3: OpenStack in Production
- Understand how to deploy OpenStack for real-world use
- Be able to plan OpenStack deployment
- Understand available deployment tools
- Practice OpenStack operation on multiple nodes
4: Swift Object Storage
- Swift use cases
- Architecture and capabilities
- Configuration and security
- Operations and Deployment
5: Advanced Topics
- Overview of Quantum and Software Defined Networking
- Deployment and issues workshop
- VMWare and OpenStack Comparison
- OpenStack Future Roadmap
Contact Mirantis for more information about training offerings.
When & Where
Mirantis is the pure play OpenStack company, delivering all the software, services, training, and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than on any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Mirantis is among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, and has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds in the world, at companies such as Cisco, Comcast, Ericsson, NASA, Samsung and Symantec. Mirantis is venture-backed by August Capital, Dell Ventures, Ericsson, Goldman Sachs, Intel, Insight Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Siguler Guff & Co., and WestSummit Capital, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. Follow us on Twitter at @mirantisit.
Intel is committed to simplifying the path to delivering hybrid cloud services by developing the foundational technology that powers high-performance, energy-efficient, highly available, and secure cloud environments. We are working closely with leading partners to accelerate cloud computing solutions that take advantage of our latest platform capabilities to make the cloud easier to deploy for a range of workloads through initiatives such as Intel® Cloud for All. And Intel is extending virtualization from individual servers to the entire data center via software-defined infrastructure, providing a critical on-ramp for more scalable hybrid clouds.