BARREL TASTING - FIRST WEEKEND
March 3-5, 2017
11:00 am - 4:00 pm each day
This ticket page is for the FIRST WEEKEND ONLY
Join us as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary Barrel Tasting! This is your chance to sample wines from the barrel, talk to winemakers and explore the beautiful Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.
Barrel Tasting is not a food pairing or themed event. It's all about the WINE...many wineries offer "futures" on their barrel samples. This is a chance to purchase wine now, often at a discount, then come back to the winery when the wine is bottled, typically 12-18 months from now. Many wines are so limited, buying futures is your only chance to purchase them.
Ticket price will include barrel sampling at all of the participating wineries for the weekend, some wineries may charge an additional fee for current vintages (refer to Event Program).
Attendees will receive a tasting glass & wristband upon check-in. *Designated Drivers are given a different color wristband and they are not served wine
Winemaker Breakfast and Q & A on Saturday March 4th, 9am-10:30am at Trattore Farms: 7878 Dry Creek Road, Geyserville. Tickets must be purchased for this added event during registration. Join winemakers from Trattore Farms, Papapietro Perry Winery, and Paradise Ridge Winery for a casual morning of Q & A along with a breakfast before heading out to Barrel Tasting. This is an open forum for guests to meet and chat with winemakers in a casual breakfast setting with Q & A.This is not a wine tasting experience, simply breakfast and conversation.
For compliance with Sonoma County "best practices" for events we MUST enforce a limited number of people checking in at each winery location. We cannot make exceptions, once a winery has reached their limit for check-ins you will need to select another winery and check-in at that location.
All buses are banned from Wine Road events. A van is not a bus, but a bus of any size is just that - a bus. Buses are not allowed. Wineries will turn you away at the parking lot.
REFUND POLICY: Sales are FINAL and non - refundable. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who will miss the event. The ticket is valid only on the date[s] of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates.
Advance Sales END Monday February 27th at 11pm.
Prices at the door: $70 Weekend, $60 Sunday and $10 Designated Driver.
Complete Event Details & List of Participating Wineries – Click Here
Event Map: Barrel Tasting March 3-5
Need a place to stay? Click Here for our Lodging Page
EVENT DETAILS & THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW....
- You are required to select just your starting winery, then are welcome to visit any & all of the wineries that are participating in this year's event throughout the weekend
- Each participating winery is limited to 50 check-in registrations. When a winery has sold out as a check in their winery name is "greyed out" on the list and will not be able to accept any more check-ins
- Wineries with an * next to their name have requested no groups of 8 or more
- Attendees will receive a tasting glass & wristband upon check-in.
- Designated Drivers are given a different color wristband and they are not served wine.
- Be prepared to show your wristband at each winery you visit to let wineries know you’ve checked-in & are an event participant
- You will need to keep your wristband on for both days – We do not replace wristbands
- Each person in your party will need to be present when checking in, wineries need to check ID's & attach wristbands to each attendee
- Ticket admits 1 person into the event
- Tickets are good for one (1) weekend only.
- Be prepared to show your photo I.D. - No I.D. = no admittance
- All Wine Road events are for adults only... NO ONE under the age of 21 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting -including no babies or children of any age
- If you lose or forget your glass it will be $5.00 for a new one
- Please do not bring dogs to Barrel Tasting
- Sunday Only tickets will be able to check in on Sunday only
- Participating wineries will stop pouring at 4:00 on event weekends, even if their normal tasting hours are later
- Please Help Us With Our Goal Of Responsible Wine Service... No winery will continue to serve or sell wine to any guest who appears intoxicated, even if they have a limo or designated driver
- Event takes place Rain or Shine
1. Is my registration/ticket transferrable? Yes, all they need is a copy of your pdf Ticket and they must check in at the winery you chose to start at
2. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? Either print it or show it on your phone and your photo ID for age verification
3. The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay? Yes that is fine, as long as they have a copy of your pdf Ticket and a valid ID when checking in
4. Can I switch my starting Winery? We cannot change your starting location. You must check in at the winery you chose at registration