1st Gear Quattrokhana - The ACNA / RMC Adult & Teen Winter Safety Ice Driving School is held on the frozen surface of Georgetown Lake in Colorado. Participants receive classroom instruction, lunch, and plenty of driving instruction on the ice at beautiful Georgetown Lake. Come to practice and to learn the benefits of the Audi Quattro system.
LEARNING: Our schools will improve your driving and car control skills in hazardous winter driving conditions. You will be introduced to car control theory, and then you will practice skills on the ice at Georgetown Lake under varied snow and ice conditions.
- 7:15 Doors open at the Georgetown Community Center
- 7:30 – 8:00 Sign-In / driver’s license verification / tech inspection confirmation
- 8:00 – 9:15 Classroom Instruction
- 9:30 – 12:00 Ice Driving Exercises (MUST HAVE ATTENDED CLASSROOM OR ENTRY WILL BE DENIED)
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch – included in registration -
- 1:15 – 3:30 Ice Driving Exercises (MUST HAVE ATTENDED CLASSROOM AND MORNING EXERCISES OR ENTRY WILL BE DENIED)
- You must register in advance to participate. Registration is per person, not per car.
- Adults 18 and over must be club members. Join at http://www.audiclubna.org/membership
- Teens must be at least 15 years old and have a driver’s license or driver’s permit. Parents should be present at check in to authorize teen participation.
- ALL vehicles must pass a safety tech inspection. Download the form by clicking here. Vehicles with ANY fluid leaks will not be allowed onto Georgetown Lake.
- Good snow tires are strongly recommended, studded tires are permitted. Tires must be DOT certified.
Space is limited to first 25 participants, so please register early. If sharing a vehicle with another participant, please note this on the registration form. Please note also that a maximum of two (2) participants per car are allowed. Please contact the event master for questions: email@example.com.
Parents are welcome to attend the morning classroom session without registering for the event, however we ask that only registered teens participate while in-car exercises are conducted – no ride-alongs. Adults registered for the school are welcome to share a vehicle with their teen. If you are interested in volunteering, please register in that category.